S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm having mucho probs with the choke not kicking off. I have an '84 2.8L 2WD Ext. Cab with an '87 2.8L used motor transplant. My vacuum hoses seem to be correct to the diagrams I've found (If you have one scaned, please post it!!), but I removed everything to do with the A.I.R. system (pump and vacuum control). The exhaust nozles are pluged, but I'm still really having prob's with the carb. Is there something I should do with the vacuum hoses that went to the A.I.R. system? BTW... the carb is brand new! There is no stiky linkage, but it's doing the exact same thing the old engine and carb did! If I floor it on the highway.. it putters along, a few seconds go by, then a surge of power hits! I believe my Acc. cable is stretched and sticky as well, so I'm going ahead and replacing that. I'm lost and I think the vaccum is the light. Any ideas??

One other thing worth mentioning. There are two things not hooked up. One is a vacuum control of some kind. It has one line in and one out (going to one of the choke diaphrams at the back of the Carb). The control unit came with the '87 engine and I do not see a connector for it from my '84 wiring harness. I've simply connected these two hoses instead of plugging them (seems to rev better this way). The other thing not hooked up is a sensor on the back side of the pass-side intake manifold. Again, it was on the '87 (the sensor and conector) but I cannot find a connector on the '84 wiring harness. All of my gauges work properly, so I'm wondering if it has something to do with the other item not hooked up.

·
SuperFly
261 Posts
if it is the electric choke, just click the off and on real quick so that the engine remains running. it should shut itself off, thats what i have to do.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not familiar with the electric choke... where can I find a 'switch' if there is one?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you refering to the main ignition? Guess I'm a little confused by your description.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts