S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
3.0 SHO
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I ran in the high 10's twice. I knew she had it in her. Beat a 89/90 Iroc Z in the first round by 0.161, and lost 2 a Saturn in the 2nd round. I broke out:bash: New best time in my sig:evilg:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am new here and may have missed this, but exactly what have you done to your ranger to run a high 10 that is 1/4 mile right? Thank you for your time

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry I have a tendancy to overlook things I see where it is 1/8 all well still not bad. Good luck with your truck. Don't mind me asking have you ran the 1/4 if so what mods do you have and what did it run? Thanks again

·
3.0 SHO
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another best time

New best time in my sig:evilg: No there is no 1/4 mile track near me. The closet one that I know of is in Bowling Green,KY. I'm gonna have to go up there and see what my little 3.0 will do in the 1/4 mile. But I'm at the Music City Raceway every Tues. (1/8 mile track). I'm hooked and I love it. At the track everybody is cool with everybody no matter what they drive. It's a great atmosphere. One of these day's I'm gonna win that **** trophy:D

·
3.0 SHO
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Mods

Sorry I missed where u asked 4 my mods.
1. Hot Water Bypass
2. Flowmaster 40 series
3. Throttle Mod
4. ASP Pulley
5. Electric Fan W/ Adj. Thermostat
6. KKM Intake
7. Synthetic Mobil 1 (If you count this as a mod, some do some don't)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Considered forced induction? Could get rid of the Splash and get a blower, then you would have some really good times at the track. Those new ford rangers are sharp and the splash rangers are also nice, kinda like that copper/rust color. Anyways, good luck with your truck

·
3.0 SHO
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Plans for the Splash

I'm waiting till the little 2.3 gives out on me it has over 100,000 miles with the factory plugs(all 8 of them). Then I plan on dropping a 302 in it. I can,t wait, till then it's my daily driver. The copper rust color I believe your talking about is what I have on my 2000(the only year they produced that color) it's called mandarin gold. It's the main reason I bought the truck and passed on the 4.0(which only had 10 more ponies that year). I have big plans for both of them in the future, time and money permitting. :D TY

·
Ranger Invaider
102 Posts
Congrats on the times. Even though your 3.0 only has 10 more ponies than my 4.0 I've got about 50 ft/lobs more of torque and it peaks much lower. That's where the 4.0 gets all it's power is from torque. Drag racing is one of the best times I've had in both of my trucks and you'll never meet a nice group of guys than out at the track. Keep up the work and try to get to a 1/4 sometime. Just for a refernece someone said that to get an idea of 1/4 time you multiply your 1/8 time by like 1.54

·
Registered
28 Posts
the splach style trucks were nice is it regular or extended cab? The idea of a 302 in your splash is a great idea, but have you considered rebuilding the 2.3 with turbos I have seen were it has been done. It is the I-4 motor, I have heard of stroking it. Just a couple of thoughts if this were an option for you I have the perfect site for you to go to www.cliffordperformance.com they do inline motors of any make and model. again good luck

·
3.0 SHO
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
reg. cab

It's the regular cab with the 3:73's. I have considered swapping it for the Thunderbird 2.3Turbo and things of that nature and I'm still not sure what I'll end up doing. When I do finally decide you can bet it will be one fast Splash. My friend's are like why don't you sell it you only need one truck, I keep telling them "I HAVE PLANS FOR IT"! So I have some time(hopefully) before I choose what to do, but whatever I do you can rest asure I'll have it done right.:scary: TY

1 - 11 of 11 Posts