S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, I raised my best mph to 89.80. The cool air helped, but it was humid. Traction was really bad. On that pass I had a 2.5 60' and ran a 15.5. If I could have pulled a 2.2 like I did the last time, I think I would have been really close to running a 15.0. But not yet. Mabey next time. There was also a s10 there with a powerdyne supercharger, huge tires out back, and skinnies the front that only ran a 15.3. But that could be because he just bought the truck.

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
Good runs, you need drag radials, I got nittos. Depending on how hard you launch they should hook up great. I have an auto and they hook up perfectly, 2.1 60 foots.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already have nittos. so far the best 60' I have ever pulled is a 2.2xx. I have to launch around 1700-1800. any higher I get a lot spin, lower and it bogs. I need to start playing with air pressures, if I can ever get rid of that axle hop. I was really hoping to get down into the low 15s, but shit happens.

·
SLO TRUK
199 Posts
buy slicks and you'll probably get it. i went from 2.24 60' with street tires to 1.90 with slicks. my best mph is 91.66

·
Registered
351 Posts
i can usually get high 2.1's with stock goodyear tires.

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
I used to get 2.18 and up on Bridgestone street tires, lower the air pressure to 15psi and do a burnout on the track surface, not in the waterbox and your good to go.

·
Registered
351 Posts
i usually run 28 pounds in the rear and also go around the water box. i do 1 or 2 dry hops then i pull up to the line. my best 60' is a 2.127

·
up to sumthing
575 Posts
ive pulled a couple 1.9s on slicks too

4000 - 4500 rpm clutch dumps

·
SLO TRUK
199 Posts
k&n intake, pullies, superchip, 180 stat, msd 6a, coil, y-pipe, 3"cat, 3" dynomax ultraflow, 4.10's, 3k drop on slicks w/ 15 psi. i've got the cheap leaf spring clamps that work ok for axle hop. i've done a few 5k drops but i probably won't anymore just because the front shocks pull me down real quick. you'll definitely get 14's with some slicks.

·
up to sumthing
575 Posts
obrien said:
Thats with the 6 speed tranny right? I don't think my weak ass 5 speed will handle that. no to mention the wicked axle hop I get from time to time. I think some caltracs are in order. and mabey some better shocks.

yeah thats with t56, caltracs, & et streets

·
Registered
321 Posts
You can get Slide-a-links from Competition Engineering for about a $100 less.They're not as good as Cal-Tracs,not rated for as much HP.They should work fine for your set up.I've got them and so far so good.

·
up to sumthing
575 Posts
i got my caltracs used from a forum member for about 250

·
Registered
321 Posts
I had south side bars before,didn't see much change.But,the Slide-a-Links have more adjustment.
I heard south side went under,now I've heard they're back.They worked well for me for around $125 I got them used for $50.

I take it you run at Bradenton?
I should be there Dec.14 (next runday Sunday) look for a bright yellow S-10 W/the" PRO Edelbrock Drag Racing"banner on the windshield if your there.

·
Registered
321 Posts
BTW, I picked up a set of ZQ8 springs and the Slide-a-links won't work with them.They have a 2" front spring eye,the standard springs are smaller 1 3/4? The front mount for the bars can't reach where the bolt goes through.
Check your front spring eye for size.I don't know when they changed them or which models got what.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts