S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
dubdS10
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, I want a new bag setup for my 1st Gen S10. IT's just a basic 5gal tank, 450 Comp, 3/8" valves, 1/2" line with independant front (side to side) but not in the back. It's fairly fast but can't hop.

I want to be able to hop no more than 1 foot off the ground, but more or less between 6" and 12" or so.

SO how about;

1/2" or 3/4" GC valves
2 550 Comps or a York...??
Slam Spec. HS-72 Bags front and rear
4 link - forward or reverse...??
All 1/2" line or bigger (hydraulic hose..ain't no way it's breaking :cuss: )
1-10Gal Tank or 2-6Gal tanks...??
Tank of nitrogen for hoppin in shows...Maybe

And the other required parts (cups, bracket, new gas tank or relocated one etc)

So you think this would be a good setup or what? I know there's pros on this site so I need some help. I don't have time or a place to do install so I'm getting a shop to do it for me..price? Unknown yet cuz I'm just deciding on what I want first.

I'm just seeing, cuz I want to see if I can actually get parts cheaper than some of you guys with businesses since I work at an industrial supplier, and I can get near cost on most parts if not less sometimes and can get the best out there too.

What do you guys think on parts, price, hopping ability?

Thanks,
Nate

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
12 1/2" valves, 5/8" steel braided or hydraulic line, 12 gallon tank, nitrogen tank, York compressor. Run dual fills, single dump. Slam's would be ideal..

That's what I'd get :D

·
dubdS10
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well yeah the 12 1/2" will either be that or 3/4" with hydraulic line since that's what this installer uses. And yeah a 12G instead of a 10G is an idea as well. The only problem with the York OFF my engine is that there's no room in my engine bay to put it. I have a 4.3L V6, '92 S10. And just looking you can see there's no room. But I was told there's another way to use a York but I forget what that was now.

Nate

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Eh? I've got a 1990 4.3 with a York... in fact, just got in today :D Take a look at my thread for pics. It's in this forum (Baggin It) :D

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Either run a york at 250, or get nitro, and run it at 250. You won't get hoppage like you want outta 150 PSI.

FORWARD 4 link

I'd go with some 6 gallon tanks from AIM that have the 3/4" ports.

Parts: Dual ported front cups, like from suicidedoors. and an over the axle setup in the back.

·
dubdS10
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why over the axle? Not as much lift that can be offered other ways.

And yeah I saw your thread, do you have A/C? Your pics are too big to load to see, I'd be waitin 5 mins for them if not more...no cable here.

Nate

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Yep. I've got AC. Compressor mounts beside the alternator, above the power steering pump.

Sorry about the size of em.

·
dubdS10
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yeah, that was the only POSSIBLE looking spot on the engine, that I could see and a couple other guys. It was either that or run an Oasis system or something like that..? Not sure, anybody know.

Nate

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
You mean that Oasis Trailhead compressor or whatever? Isn't that thing a biatch on your charging system? I'd rather have an engine driven :werd:

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Why over the axle??? cuz if you wanna hop the back, you sure ain't gonna do it with a lever setup. I personally have never seen a lever setup hop.

·
Beyond Basic.
2,295 Posts
if you want to hop, get hydraulics... in my opinion it takes to much to get a vehicle with air to hop. For half the money of a bag setup you can get a hydro setup that will let you hop. AND before I get ragged on.. a hydraulic setup "well maintained" is just as good if not better than any bag setup out there.

P

·
0 Posts
SlammedDime said:
Why over the axle??? cuz if you wanna hop the back, you sure ain't gonna do it with a lever setup. I personally have never seen a lever setup hop.
you're right but in the new streettrucks with catch 22 on the cover they show a toy with a lever setup hopping the back, but id go over the axle as well/

P

·
0 Posts
OneLowS15 said:
if you want to hop, get hydraulics... in my opinion it takes to much to get a vehicle with air to hop. For half the money of a bag setup you can get a hydro setup that will let you hop. AND before I get ragged on.. a hydraulic setup "well maintained" is just as good if not better than any bag setup out there.
as far as droz being as good as bags, yeah that can be true, but droz have more maintance, I mean thats a fact.

·
dubdS10
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hyrdoz..No, I've had lots of friends with those and I prefer bags to them. Well, the guy I'm getting to do this had a Ford Ranger (old POS) hopin' the front higher than the hydro cars at a recent competition. It's very possible if done right, and it surprising most people when they see an airbag'd truck hopin off the ground. Probably since even though, my town is pretty much the custom vehicle/hot rod capital, people still think I'm on Hydros..can't you hear the damn AIR!!??

Yes, the Oasis Comps, that's what he was talking about, but I'll never 2 batts and a better Alt. But hey, when they fill up so fast its hard not to want one.

What do you guys think parts wise??

Nate

·
dubdS10
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anybody else on here..come on..!!! I know some of you really know you stuff and can help me out on what's the best type of setup..??

Nate

·
Black/Green Billet Sheen.
1,063 Posts
Oh shit, mothergoose customs is doing it? they should have a good idea on what should be done. If mothergoose could install a decent setup for me at a good price I would even drive out to langley to get it done there. I might have to shoot them an email...what do you think they could do?

·
dubdS10
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They can do anything you want man. Frank had his Ranger 4 feet in the front hoppin on Slams. Then the next day he did it again but the bag went BOOM!!!!!! Nice guys and are probably the best shop around I think. Sublime did my bags before, cuz that's who the previous owner got to do them, cuz he didn't want to spend the extra 500 on the system from Frank. So Kevin did it, but not the best job. So I want a better system..hence why MGC.

What kind of system are you looking for??

I talked to Frank there for about an 30min or so and another guy there about a bag system. And what I have posted up top is pretty much what he recommended to me, but told me to go home, decide what I exactly want and he'll give me a price. So I'm just trying to figure that out so I know what all I want, so I can get a price tomorrow or sometime this week. He said for a good clean install done right with no major metal work, like custom spike or twisted metal etc (you know what I mean), a week will do fine for time wise.

They start at $3500 for install and parts I believe. But go up accordingly.

I think I'm going to do;

HS 72s for bags which are dual 1/2"
Everything 3/4" valves, line ID
1 12G tank
1 Nitrogen tank for hoppin'
2 550Comps for now, see how that goes, if not fast enough then Oasis Comp or a York.

Bridge in back with bed cut out and re-covered plus the tank and comps in the bed up front, and a fiberglass cover flush mounted (they make them) and have a blazer tank put out back under the bed for a forward link. Plus they put drag rails beside the tank just a bit lower to throw sparks, and he said they'd throw up some mounts for titanium drag blocks on them, and the frame will be completely flush with the ground when done.

I'm expecting a price over $4000 so I'm thinking I'll have it done around Dec or just after. I'd love to have it done now but don't have enough cash on hand (can buy supplies and that's it), unless people want some 18s, stereo system, snowboards etc.. ;) Oh and my old airbag system....

Nate

·
dubdS10
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
?? Where's Larry when you need some help ;)

Nate

·
dubdS10
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A little far away man..sorry.

Nate

1 - 20 of 44 Posts