S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kae i sold my hifonics..
i was kinda puzzled cuz the guy that bought it said that it was kinda "light" for a 1500w amp..i dunno if he was getting stupid wit me or what..
but i want a new amp, power like 1500w...should i get the same one? cuz it pushed my boobies lovely...heh
if i went different..what should i go with?? i have $450 to spend on the amp..i know there are other posts with amps and sheit..but hey it's my turn haha so yea throw me ideas..and please dont be stupid about it..Thank You! :D

·
work in progress
2,628 Posts
why did you sell the hifonics then, lol? Did you have the brutus 1500 or the 1000?

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh cuz i fried it to the max..haha..i had the brutus 1500 :D

·
work in progress
2,628 Posts
lol, what the voice coil config on the se's anywayz? And were you running the amp at 1 or 2 ohms?

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
heh..the se's are 4 DVC...and i ran them on 1Ohm...
i went hog wild on with the voltage level..my HU rca's are 5v and i had the amp on 0.2v...major clipping action..so yea fried, clipped whatever..it just didnt werk..heh..the se's still workin tho..which is good..hehe..

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ah damnit i hate it wen u do that lol..slappin commen sense into me like that..grrr..thanks for the input guys
but i kinda wanna try something different..

·
BARELY Tuckin' Tire
5,862 Posts
one amp bro: adire audio revo 1500d :D 1500+ @ 1ohm and it's class D efficiency is a electrical saver for sure...

·
work in progress
2,628 Posts
well i dont know what you did to that amp, but you must have screwed something up. Those amps usually hold up pretty damn well in most of the setups i have seen. And if you wired it to 1 ohm, the brutus puts out 1500 watts @ 1ohm which should have been plenty for a pair of ses. Their rms is only 600 a piece. And the brutus is also a class d amp. So before you buy another amp, i think you should look into what you did wrong to fry that amp so damn quickly.

·
do it....NOOOOWWW!!!
674 Posts
blacksls00 said:
JBL bp1200.1

has put out almost 1400w by several car magazines that tested it.

rated 1200 @ 1 and 2 ohm. :)
:stupid: would be perfect if the subs are 600 rms each

·
Registered
833 Posts
Check out the crossfire 1000D it puts out 1000 watts @ 12 volts at I think 1 ohm.

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
03 S10 eXtreme said:
i went hog wild on with the voltage level..my HU rca's are 5v and i had the amp on 0.2v...major clipping action..so yea fried, clipped whatever..it just didnt werk..heh..the se's still workin tho..which is good..hehe..
that's what i did wrong wu501..heh..stupid me..i just didnt know about the level gain matching thats why..i've never heard of it untill i got the amp in my hands...what i did caused major hard ass clipping..and it was set like that for 3 weeks straight, and with those 3 weeks of it working..i pounded the shit out of it..heh i cant seem to get enough bass..i dunno im a bass head!

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey thanks for the input guys...the imma look up on the adire amp..they got it on there site right?? imma check out the jbl too...thanks again guys

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ic..yea cuz i did a search on the net..i couldnt find any...i know were i could get a great price on a Viper 1200.1 amp..anybody familar with them? heard anything about em? thanks guys

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea..after i posted this up..i found some really good reviews about the amps...heh..they squeezed just about 4000w out of 2 of those amps..sounds good eh? heh thanks guys for ur help..

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:-D lol i kinda ordered it already lol thanks tho David

1 - 20 of 24 Posts