81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Nice Jorb
3,146 Posts

·
Registered
12,216 Posts
dman311w said:
I thought this thread disapeared because of patent issues????? Why is back all of a sudden? or was that another thread.
No, the thread that got "deleted" is teh one on the boost system..

This one just got thrown off the 1st page cause of lack of posts.. And someone just brought it back cause the inqueried about it, and posted! .. Hope that cleared things up.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
bigjsp said:
Few theory problems -

You cannot multistage compressors of the same size. - one you can get teh compression ratio you can stage that number of first stage compressors.

The overall design is still basically a blower which should be less efficient at higher pressures.
Thanks man I neglected that part :( but still not a problem ,

I can make these in any size so a multi stadge would work ...someday.. when money is not an issue lol.

about 2:1 like you said?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Heres an idea to kick around ---------- probably not practical but entertaining

but use a centrifical supercharger as the first stage blower,make sure that its dry style system (ie.- fuel gets added after the blower)

feed that to a divertor valve

then you can choose between boosting your air compressor system performance

or your engine. ;)

same thing could be done with turboes, although I am not sure how that would really work since boost is a self fullfilling phophecy. The more intake, the more exhaust ,cause more intake, which causes more exhaust.... repeat until manifold pressure is positive, LOL

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
bigjsp said:
Heres an idea to kick around ---------- probably not practical but entertaining

but use a centrifical supercharger as the first stage blower,make sure that its dry style system (ie.- fuel gets added after the blower)

feed that to a divertor valve

then you can choose between boosting your air compressor system performance

or your engine. ;)

same thing could be done with turboes, although I am not sure how that would really work since boost is a self fullfilling phophecy. The more intake, the more exhaust ,cause more intake, which causes more exhaust.... repeat until manifold pressure is positive, LOL
I will send you the patent that has been done at uses a turbo and the extra boost goes to the compressor and the way it is is done is awsome! and oh so simple it saves 10% on energy needed to compress.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts