S-10 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
PANFACE
3,388 Posts
thats gonna be sweet if you could get it all set and done, do you just sit at work and do this stuff, i thought you worked on tv's and what not all day.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
blznnp said:
thats gonna be sweet if you could get it all set and done, do you just sit at work and do this stuff, i thought you worked on tv's and what not all day.

ha ha I sit at work (carnegie science center) and just think things up waiting for something to break ha ha. so lots of time on my hands lol.

·
PANFACE
3,388 Posts
DJDAudio said:
ha ha I sit at work (carnegie science center) and just think things up waiting for something to break ha ha. so lots of time on my hands lol.
sounds like a good job to me, maybe i should try to get a job at the local science center.

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
are you a millionare yet? seriously damn with ideas like this u should be. hahaha

u think you'll be able to get it to work?

·
USDA BONAFIDE CRAZY
214 Posts
:eek:]I wish I had the time to pursue some of my ideas.:dunno: Thinking is so much fun, who needs drugs. Hey if you know a little something about electronics I've got another project for you. Pm me if you're interested or if you know someone who is qualified.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
BRAINWASHED5150 said:
:eek:]I wish I had the time to pursue some of my ideas.:dunno: Thinking is so much fun, who needs drugs. Hey if you know a little something about electronics I've got another project for you. Pm me if you're interested or if you know someone who is qualified.
I shure hope it works the design is sound and has been around for 100+ years ;) I just want to mak it better. faster quiter.. lol

Shure PM sent

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I worked out the rotating problem,
www.landisusa.com/comp6.swf

this will show that everything will roll smoth off each outher part. like tires on a road ;)

I will get a prototype done up on a CNC monday hope it works. ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
good design, couple thigns to take into consideration before you build it tho. First thing, make sure and put a good check valve on it, because the built up pressure will want to spin the compressor in the wrong direction, also, the force applied to the spinning rotors/pistons will be working against the motor pretty strong. Another thing would be to machine the two circle parts together and make a webbing so that the opposite rotor/piston will not trap small amounts of air, because in the model, you can see a very small cavity. I dont imagine it would make too much an effect, but you still would be losing effeciency. And since this a compressor, you need some kind of sleeve to seal the compression chamber.

I like the idea, however, seeing how this design pushes the air thru instead of compressing and then releasing, it might not be suitable for high pressure, and would be more suitable for sustaing a constant low pressure, like a blower or turbo would.

·
Registered
174 Posts
By the way, im not trying to flame, i like the idea, i admire someone who actually has good ideas and trys to bring them to life, so dont think im being negative, Im just bringing up things to consider.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
dragginbody365 said:
By the way, im not trying to flame, i like the idea, i admire someone who actually has good ideas and trys to bring them to life, so dont think im being negative, Im just bringing up things to consider.
hey you have some good points !
Thanks.

The little space on the return was ment to be there, it will take already compressed air and alow it back into the inlet to boost the pressure ability of the compressor.

The upper and lower seal is going to be tricky. and yes a check valve is a must.

about high pressure the smaller the piston the highe the pressure with less power so a paralel system with 8 of these in line on one motor will be a smooth and high pressure ... I hope ;) lol

more soon.

here is a inside center model,
http://www.landisusa.com/comp7.swf

The red dot is the drive shaft it will spin and roll against the outer bearings and get them to spen will act alot like a gear reduction.

The black ring is a possable seal ring bearing.

·
Registered
174 Posts
DJDAudio said:
hey you have some good points !
Thanks.

The little space on the return was ment to be there, it will take already compressed air and alow it back into the inlet to boost the pressure ability of the compressor.

The upper and lower seal is going to be tricky. and yes a check valve is a must.

about high pressure the smaller the piston the highe the pressure with less power so a paralel system with 8 of these in line on one motor will be a smooth and high pressure ... I hope ;) lol

more soon.

here is a inside center model,
http://www.landisusa.com/comp7.swf

The red dot is the drive shaft it will spin and roll against the outer bearings and get them to spen will act alot like a gear reduction.

The black ring is a possable seal ring bearing.

ooohhhh....That makes sense. The good thing about the design, is you can make it spin very fast, without too much heat buildup, since its pushing instead of compressing. Your probobly going to need a pretty beefy motor tho, since your spinning 8 of em. A 5hp 12v motor runs about 300 from most industrial supply places. I seriously looked into buying one a short while ago. I was going to mount it under the bed, and put a pully on 2 york 210s. It would be a 5hp twin york setup. Total cost would have been around 550 after everything, but it would push ALOT of air.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Also, if your interested, Give me some specs and i can tell you how many lbs of torque youll need for what PSI. BTW, i went to school for mechanical engineering, so im not just talkin poop.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
dragginbody365 said:
ooohhhh....That makes sense. The good thing about the design, is you can make it spin very fast, without too much heat buildup, since its pushing instead of compressing. Your probobly going to need a pretty beefy motor tho, since your spinning 8 of em. A 5hp 12v motor runs about 300 from most industrial supply places. I seriously looked into buying one a short while ago. I was going to mount it under the bed, and put a pully on 2 york 210s. It would be a 5hp twin york setup. Total cost would have been around 550 after everything, but it would push ALOT of air.

great idea also industrial floor maintainers use high power low RPM high torque motors in the 12 24V range and are cheap..well sorta ha ha.

I was thinking along those lines just going with a hydo motor mounted to the motor and one in the bed to power the yorks. direct drive setup.

·
Registered
174 Posts
im just trying to decide if i wanna build my twin york monster, or just get 3 bottles of nitrogen....

Also, for my twinc york idea, im gunna need a couple extra batteries and strong alternator to hold push that much juice.

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
wow thats sweet.... ur an effin genius dude. l0l

·
it's a french bulldog
413 Posts
holy shiat, i never thought the carnegie science center could be so much fun... LOL

just have a few questions, and i'm no engineer by any means so this is just theory
1) exactly what kinda PSi do you think this monster can run, seeing a roots style blower only runs very low boost pressures
2) even if you run 8 of them in a series, they are only capapble of pushing as much psi as one can achieve correct?

21 - 40 of 86 Posts