S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '96 S-10 with 2.2L/5 speed manual. Engine and trans are in great shape but the body is pretty worn out. Looking for a better truck body that will bolt in this engine/trans combination. Which S-10 model years am I looking for?

·
Registered
‘95 LS 2.2L Manual
141 Posts
Pics?
How much do you want for it?
How many miles?
Where is it?

·
Been there Done it
9,005 Posts
Did I miss where he said it was for sale?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My '96 is not for sale. By the time I pull the engine/trans and everything else I'll want to save it'll pretty much be a carcass headed for the junk yard. What I need to know is which S-10 year models the '96 2.2 and 5-speed manual will bolt in to with no mods, then I'll know what I'm looking for.

·
Been there Done it
9,005 Posts
95-97 are all pretty much the same. 94 is half 1st gen and 98 up are a lot different.
I'd avoid a 95 as the wiring in them was a mess because they weren't OBD 1 or 2.
Sometimes referred to as OBD 1.5, but I think cluster flock would better describe the 95's.
That leaves 96 and 97, but the ABS and HVAC were controlled differently each of those two years.
Or with a 95 or 97 you could remove every wire in the truck and replace it all with the electrical system from your 96 including dash and steering column.
Best bet would be another 96. Preferably one that was a 2.2 5 speed. In the same body model.

·
time to get cereal
3,597 Posts
A 95 2.2L doesn't have SFI, so I would stay away from that year for that reason also.

·
time to get cereal
3,597 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but could you elaborate on this, please? We have a ‘95.
In 96 GM added SFI to the S10 2.2L, which means a 95 computer has no place to connect the camshaft position sensor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts