S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there all!

I just bought a white 93 S-10...really happy with it. V6 2.8L engine, 5 speed manual, black canopy, extended cab. I don't know much about S-10s, but I'm really happy to be a member in this forum, such a wealth of information. Are there any members here in the Lower Mainland area of BC, Canada?

Here's a pic of my new baby:

Like it? I'm waiting for a list of suggested mods!!! :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hey welcome to the forum!

I think there are some BC folk around here

Im from Ontario

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nates93sTEN said:
Nice looking truck.

First thing to do is sell that ugly topper, and use that $$$ toward a tonneau or better looking camper shell (if you gotta have one).

What kind of direction are you going to go with (street truck, mini-truck, pre-runner)?
I would use this truck mainly as my daily driver, and occasionally for camping - I would have no use for it as a 4x4 or an off-roader. Do you have some examples of what a "tonneau" looks like? Is that a jem-top? Sorry, I'm kinda new to this whole trucking thing. ;)

A question for all of you: is there any recalls or information I should have about this year?

·
0 Posts
You should go the sport truck way. Its the best. Get new rims/tires lower your truck. rollpan, ect...
Trust me. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
89s10-350 said:
You should go the sport truck way. Its the best. Get new rims/tires lower your truck. rollpan, ect...
Trust me. :)
Ah jeez. I don't know much about trucks, but I know what I don't like - everywhere I look, everyone has their truck lowered. I don't know about where you live, but if I wanted to look like everyone else, I would have bought a Mustang, Civic or Integra. :) No offense of course. I want my truck to have nice looking features (mags, etc), but I don't know about lowering it and putting in clear taillights. :)

Got some pictures somewhere I can see of sport trucks and whatnot? Thanks again!

·
1st Gen Member
215 Posts
The point of "Sport Trucks" is that it performs as good as it looks. That means it may not be the lowest, but it has an aggressive stance that lowers the center of gravity for handling while still leaving room for meaty tires for traction. Larger diameter wheels/lower profile tires are used to improve handling and looks. Brakes and suspension components (like shocks and sway bars) are upgraded. The motor gets upgraded or replaced for more power. The sport truck styling is simple and clean free of gawdy graphics.

·
Hardcore 1st Gen'r
2,869 Posts
welcome to the wonderful world of minitruckin. nice choice of truck. there are all kinds of things you can do to these things. here's a pic of mine with some of the typical things.

if you have any questions you can definately find the answers around here.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm with Nate, Sport Truck is a state of mind. I don't like the slammed look, but I want the right stance. Lose the top and get a Checkmate cover, they are sweet, and if you live close by or want to take a trip to Land Between the Lakes (good camping) they will install it for free.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts