S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What do you think of this setup. I wanted to keep the screen low so the pigs couldnt see it when i rolled by =-) Its working good so far. Tell me what you think of the setup and please be honest. And im in the process of doing my interior in tweed so please disreguard the panels that arent covered =-p

Hell, may as well post the tweed pics so far and get pics of those too......

Some pics of a few things i tweeded:

Im glad to be rid of the hideous dome light and grab bar.....but my visors wont be gone long...im going to be doing them in a few days. So.....what do ya think?

·
Dey took rrr jobs!!
4,322 Posts
Looks like you did a excellent job on the tweed. The tv is alright where it is but it need something done do it.

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
i think it should be fiberglassed so it would conenct the console and the dash together. but hey maybe thats jsut me

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, it should be fiberglassed and I wish i knew how to do that haha. I saw your console before Icedime and i liked it. I originally planned on doing a piece that would extend the console up to the dash outta wood and tweeding it. I think im going to start on that sometime soon, but im happy with it like it is for a lil while.

·
NO H-body, New Dime
2,526 Posts
here is a little trick for getting the curves just right on the console. If you are using wood then take a long metal ruler and bend it to the shape you want and then trace the design on the wood. Then you can copy it to the other side. Also because it is so hard to get wood to bend try using sheet metal for the top. Mine worked out great and really smooth. If your screen is 7" you can have my console. I am going to trash it. Too many cops like the tv....

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
did you use polyester and resin to make plastic or is that fiber glass??

·
Swamp hoppin wiley cajun
223 Posts
Looks good. How did you go about powering the Ps2? I've been thinking of doing the same thing for my X box. But with screens in the visors.

·
True Ambition
3,527 Posts
Looks good....great job on the tweed :)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks. Actually I thought about coloring it red too =-) Haha that'd be nuts. I want to do something more with it....and since i cant do fiberglass yet I'll probably build an enclosure outta 1/8" board and tweed it and all that jive. It's hard, and it'll take a while, but I could pull it off nicely......ill have to wait till it warms up a bit though haha. It sucks not having a garage!!

·
Registered
12,215 Posts
I bought

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3063971851&category=48609

off of ebay.

Plan:
Have lcd screen in glove box (Stock apearance when closed up :-D

PlayStation 2 under passnger seat, velcroed to carpet so it doesn't slide around.

Power Inverter under drivers seat, again with velcro.

Problems/Concerns:

Glove box is 4.5" H x ~11" W
LCD = ~5.4" H x 7.2" W
Width isn't going to be a problem, it's the height that I have to worry about, gotta figure out how I am going to do this. I'm thinking, just allow glove box to come out another 1.5 - 2" from what it does now.

But that results to another problem, if theres a passenger in the seat, it probably wont come out all the way.

Any ideas on this would be great, other than that, right now i'm at the point to where I say "Screw the passenger!"

I don't see a problem with PS2 or Power Inverter, except for maybe, cooling issues.. But then again, if its comfortably cool - slightly warm in the truck, that should prone to be a problem should it.

Power is gonna be supplied by an extra 12v battery.. Not sure where it's gonna sit yet, need to make battery box I guess and stick it somewhere, maybe dual battery box, and relocate the battery from engine to the bed of truck..

And what kind of power inverter would you recomend.. Don't presume that it wouldn't need much, I was looking at 300w one, but that looks like a little too much, the screen says its only 7.2W, so I need to find out what the power comsumption is of the ps2, and make my decision from there..

Oh and one question, What does the power connector look like for these screens, I haven't gotten my screen yet (Let alone has it even shipped yet, check has to clear first) and I am trying to make out all decisions ahead of time so I don't panic at the last second and the project be delayed.

Any idea's on what I should use to mount the screen to in the glove box? Treated wood with matching carpet or something I think would go good..

·
Master Shake
2,823 Posts
Lucky bastard.:) You live where you don't have to worry about the elements tearing it up so much (like where I live), so you can have such a clean interior.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts