S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I'm having another issue. And Id like opinions before I check it. I'm getting a moderate vibration when I'm on throttle. If I release the pedal the vibration dies down and goes away. It's because of that I don't think that it's a suspension issue. I can feel it all through the truck but I do hear a rough noise coming from the rear.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Awww..you ain't got shit!
3,268 Posts
I had something similar on my x-cab. Look at the center bearing rubber. I bet it's falling apart. Mine turned out to be mostly that but the rear end was also leaking and dying. I replaced it and it was better. Also I wound up rebuilding the transmission not much later. The vibration stopped completely when I rebuilt it. I was weird because all of it came from different sources working together. Check that bearing. A suspension shop can fix it. New u joints and all...bout $60 10 years ago. Oh yeah...check the rear transmission mount. I did that one too. All this happened when the truck had about 250k miles.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got new u joints but I haven't installed them yet, and center bearing is 2000 miles new. But I'll check that other stuff as well, I have noticed a fluid leak out of the joke joint seal on the rear axle

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
2 Participants
S10tahoe28
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing