S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking of putting in a neon third brake light... What do you guys think??? Has anyone tried this? Would it be legal... it is red and the tube would be visible, but it is also complying to the third brake light requirements. I think it would look cool, but it might also look cool as a regular brakes / turn signal on the bumper or tailgate. Just wondering your opinion.

DogP

·
Dain Bramaged Member
1,583 Posts
I think it would look really cool, especially if you had like two 3 inch tubes, but I don't know how difficult it would be to wire in, if you can get it to work, let me know, I might try it...

·
Sheet Metal Master
159 Posts
I don't think it would be hard at all. Just splice the neon into the wires that are already there. If you have a transformer before the neon just do the same and put in the lights. I am gonna try it, so I'll let you guys know. Thanks for the idea. :D

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet... I would like to see it, I just couldn't decide where to mount it... in where the 3rd brake light is with a clear lens, or on the tailgate, on the sides of the factory one, or on top, like the led bar on the blazer. Post pics when you finish.

DogP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts