S-10 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
02_Vortech said:
I was wondering if any of you have experience with nelson or mach performance nitrous tunes and which one to get- thanks

if you think Mach performace does any " tunning" i have some of his famous turbo cal tunning you can look at :rolleyes: i would not spend a penny on anything from bill mach

·
Static> Bags
2,596 Posts
I would send my computer to Bill if i had a 96 up.

He did a buddys truck and runs great, bill and his wife are great to us.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
DONT DO BUSINESS WITH MACH

Search vendor marketplace or personally ask me my experience.....if you sent your computer to him there is no telling what you'd get back.

·
Banned
378 Posts
Don't even get me going on that.

Both Nelson and Mach are not the people you want to tune your truck.

You want someone to tune your truck with real world results and real world performance.

Pm Hellbent s10

The guy had held the record for quite some time being one of the fastest sprayed' 4,3's furthermore he has alot more expreirence with nitrous than mach ever will. His Gramps truck had a progressive NX kit that pushed the truck into the 10's with a mild small block on small tires.

Don't waste your time with nelson. I have seen him at other boards with gen 3 engines just leaving them a mess. Plus he locks the tune so no one else can try and fix it after he eff's it up. You should also know that Bill mach actually does not tune his computers he out sources them. And if you send him your PCM you best be ready to wait about 6 months for him to open the box he sent it in.

I don't even know why his name was brought up. Mach performance has not done anything good for s10 forum or it's owners since 2001 last time I checked he hasn't actually had anything to offer the s10 world since he messed quite a few customers over.

Search his name. I wrote an extensive thread about him some time ago. As did Gotswrv and I know xtreme4.3 has had nothing but bad times with everything mach has done.

·
Oh Snap!
761 Posts
I'll second Hellbent s10, seems like he does amazing work and is a pretty good guy.

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was talking to him and his prices seem VERY VERY good- im going to try and find a 2001 or 2002 ECU and just send it to him when i order it off ebay or something- then just have him send it to me when he gets done tunning it-

Quesiton about nitrous tuning- Does it give you more horsepower on the spray or does it mearly make it safer to spray?

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
it should do both....optimize for the spray and be safe.

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cool i thought they were more for safety aspect than horsepower gains cause i though the shot would make all the power and the tune would make it safer- Thats one of the big things i plan on this summer along with stall/tranny cooler, header, y-pipe, 3" exhaust, AEM intake, and some ignition upgrades- then maybe i will keep up with you summer wolf-

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
my blazer isn't where it should be or where it needs to be......its kinda pissing me off....I'm hoping for something in the 13.7's when I go to the track at the end of the week God willing.....hopefully I can learn to somehow slip the DF clutch off the line for no spin and get the spray through it ASAP.....we'll see.....

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
pffft, I need to get my shit tuned and get rid of the GD governor!!

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AMEN! when i last went to the track i was without a window switch and was rolling out of the gates- and couldnt get the spray in till about 30ft out of the gates......... but now with traction bars/tires/exhaust/e-fans i hope to cut 8.7- AND then a tune-

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
I'm pulling the speed sensor and trying for a 13.7 this friday...**** this truck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts