S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The White
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you record the needle positions so you can take out your gauges and not worry about them messing up when you reinstall custom ones. So your not going 45 when is says 60 and so on..

Thanx, STBS

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Start your truck and let it warm up fully. If it takes 15 - 20 minutes so be it. Note the location of the needles were they sit at idle. I took a pic with dig. cam of mine so i knew exactly were they sat. Shut truck off, do what ya gotta do. Start the truck up and do the same thing again only when it is warmed up, replace the needles were they were. Presto. your done

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
this might be a dumb question, but why cant you just leave them where they are at before you turn the truck on, do whatever you have to do, then put them back right where they were when you are done?

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
You could but due to the fact that they are electrical gauges. they bottom out past zero. if your off with the placement at zero point they will be off straight across the board. P.S. No question is a dumb question..

·
Sold
4,592 Posts
danteisme said:
this might be a dumb question, but why cant you just leave them where they are at before you turn the truck on, do whatever you have to do, then put them back right where they were when you are done?
the needles will move around when you remove the cluster from the dash. and the tach and speedo use stop pins that hold the needles up. so when you remove the pins the needles drop down to about the 6:00 position.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts