S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fuel needle was messed up when I bought the truck along with some other things, owner said that it was the float, said he had it checked.

Well I just changed the multifunction switch that was also messed up so my blinkers would work, and everytime the blinker flashes the fuel needle bounces. When I turn the truck off the needle drops to E and once the key is turned on is goes straight to F and stays there regardless of how much fuel is in the tank.

Also the oil pressure guage is messed up. It stays up high even when the truck is off. I can turn the truck off and the needle will drop to 0, then slowly start going back up even though the truck is off.

Could all this be just my cluster ?

·
Registered
413 Posts
everytime the blinker flashes the fuel needle bounces.

Sounds like a cluster ground issue. The blinker circuit and the fuel gauge are totally separate systems. The only thing they have in common are the blinker indicators and gauge share the same ground in the cluster.

I have diagrams, but I would need to know what year and engine you have to get you the correct diagram for the cluster.

·
Registered
413 Posts
In this diagram you will see I circled the wires you need to check in red.

11 and 23 are the grounds in question, notice they both go to the same place, the oil pressure gauge also uses #11 for the ground.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts