S-10 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I owned an 85 s-10 for years, before giving it up about 5 years ago. Now after just being hit by a drunk driver, I am looking to get back in the truck game. My Dad found one at a local dealer. The truck is as follows:

2001 LS Extended cab 4x4
V6 Auto
60000 miles
Dark Blue exterior, charcoal interior
New set of tires
AM,FM CD air, looks to have about everything but power windows and door locks, not sure why these are not present.

The truck is in excellent condition, and according to carfax(which I checked a few minutes ago), it spent it's first two years of life as a lease . When it was turned in, it only have a bit over 16,000 miles. The second owner, also according to carfax ,racked up the remaining miles to bring it to it's now 60, 542. The truck had a minor accident , also reported on carfax, that scratched the paint on the passenger side and left a tiny dent in the bed, which has been repaired.
The truck has been painted everywhere, including hood and tailgate, as the dealer who has it, said he wanted the whole truck painted so that it would match.He said the painters had removed the bumpers and lights before painting to get a better job. The paint is excellent. These are the only things that can be found to have been fixed. So my question is :
The dealer says lowest price is $13,000 on the road. Is this a fair price for this particular type truck? I've looked on trucktraderonline and this type of truck seems to go for this price and higher. Any thoughts or opinions will be welcome . Thanks for your help.

K

·
Tech Contributor
21,222 Posts
I just bought my '00 SLS ext. cab stepside with 35k from a GM offlease for $10,995.

I'd say offer 12,250 bc of the wreck and the high mileage. Maybe even offer 12k.

$13k seems a little high with a wreck and 30k a year in mileage.....

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
i got my 99 s10 about a year ago for 10,500 about out the door with a 5 year 80,000 mile warranty. They had it listed for 11 grand without the warranty. And that warratny is about a 1500 dollar warranty. Just do what i did. Tell them you are really interestd in the truck and say this is what i got. tell them no higher than that. If they say no say ok and start to walk out. More than likely if they are a good salesman or dealership for that fact they will deal with you somehow.

·
Eat My Member
44 Posts
No, not an ext cab, I realize that, I didn't want an extended cab. Anyway, the sticker was almost $20K, I got it at $100 over invoice, $5K in dealer incentives, minus a thousand from some customer loyalty coupon I got, subtract another $500 from credit card points, and I took it out the door with plates and all for $12,100. Now bear in mind that I had to rent a car and drive 500 miles to go get it but still. Oh and it was straight off the carrier, they were taking the diapers off when I got there, it only had the 20 factory test miles on it. Its essentially a ZRX (aka: eXtreme in Chevrolet) without the ground effects and the graphics. They detailed it and gave me a full tank of gas, I really don't know how they made any money on this truck, it was a steal.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Way too much for that truck......I was looking at 03 sonoma 4.3's for that price....I got my 03 2.2 5 spd for 8995 plus tax, 9850 was what I took a loan out for.....on a brand new 03!!!

Caleb

·
the guy on the couch
123 Posts
while we're on the subject...

i got my 2002 sonoma, SLS ext cab, automatic(not too happy about that), power locks, windows, steering, tilt, cd, bucket seats, 4.3 L v6 for about 12,500. i got it at a dealership used so they screwed us over with about 1000 dollars for tax, registration, etc, so total about 13,500

sound good? bad?

·
Eat My Member
44 Posts
Seems a fair price, seems pretty well equiped. I personally feel that getting a Victory Red 4.3 ZQ8 for $12.5 was a fluke of course then again I rented a car and drove 400 miles to get it.

·
up to sumthing
575 Posts
nah that wasn't a fluke.....I could have gotten the same thing in yellow....auto, 4.3, ZQ8 yellow noma SLS with tilt, cruise.....power everything....

They were running a helluva deal with all the rebates and the financing about 6 months ago....I'm Summerwolf posting under another name

Caleb

·
Registered
5 Posts
I personally think I just got a hell of a deal..

98 s10, 29,985 miles when I pulled it off the lot yesterday. CARFAX showed this:

07/12/2002 29,000 Illinois -- Passed emissions inspection
12/31/2003 29,982 Dealer Inventory -- Vehicle offered for sale

So in past year and a half it was driven less than 1000 miles. Turns out it was some old guys second vehicle only used for hauling stuff sometimes. Immaculate condition, LS interior, bucket seats, CD player.. Manual trans and slow as 2.2l 4cyl.. got it for $4,100.00... Sound good??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.