S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
S-Clusive Next Gen.
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys well i see alot of people come here for advise and i figured ive talked to alot of other people so i might as well ask here too. I currently work for an engineering firm as a CAD operator basically i draw stuff on the computer all day. My love is in the automotive field though, i have always loved working on cars and making anything and everything custom or different in some way. I went to tech school for one year at a local high tech campus and it was ok, i knew more before i attended the school than what i learned, i have helped my dad build numerous cars from our 9 second drag car to our 10 second street car, i just want your guys opinion on attending some place like wyotech or something and then trying to get into a hot rod or custom shop, give me some ideas guys.
P.s. dont particularly like my job currently, engineers who are older can be a**holes

cliffnotes: dont like my current job wanna go to tech school to build custom sh*t

·
S-Clusive Next Gen.
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know its just a big decision in my life, ive done so much custom work and i love doing it, seems like time flies when i do something like this, anyone who knows me, knows how much knowledge and skill i have, guys who have gone to wyotech or uti or nti (nascar tech) post up

·
Blazin on 8!
1,782 Posts
So, I'm not good enough for you anymore, huh? Is that it? I understand...

:) j/p... I started VoTech in Wichita when I was in high school, but ended up not going to the high school part of the day... Had to drop out or get kicked out! Oh, well. I got my diploma and straightened out my life... Still like to work on cars/trucks and customize just about anything!
Good luck with the other posts, man!

·
Blazin on 8!
1,782 Posts
Just a tip, though. When you turn something you love to do into a job, it sometimes doesn't turn out well. I didn't like working on cars for a living, I like doing it casually. Maybe doing custom work would be better, though. Sometimes it works out well!

·
S-Clusive Next Gen.
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no ur good enough and i appreciate the post lol, yeah i did auto repair for a little while working for dodge and then cadillac and i didnt like changing alternators and starters and fixing this and that all day, that got old. but to do something like build custom hot rods or street or race cars to me would be awesome

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
can't have a hobby as a job.. i love photography, but i didn't pursue it as a career due to not wanting to ruin my hobby.

·
S-Clusive Next Gen.
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah but for a couple months when i was 19 so 4 yrs ago i worked for a semi-custom shop we did alot of ricer crap at the shop and i absolutely loved it, i just basically wanna enjoy my job and like my job and not dread going to work every day and just couting the mins, until i get to leave, because thats how i am now

·
S-Clusive Next Gen.
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright i know there are guys on here that attended wyotech or UTI, any info or anything like that from your personal expierences, not what the website says, did you really learn anything or was it a joke

1 - 12 of 12 Posts