S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Audi Tech
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st off, this isn't going to be a debate on bags vs. hydro's or "oh just bag it" I'm very interested in learning about hydro's, how they work and how they install and what is needed for a proper installation. I have a very good friend of mine who isn't able to access a computer to learn more but he's able to get a set up for his 87 mazda b2000 for next to nothing. as far as getting hydrolic hoses made up, this is no problem as he has access to all industrial supplys and guys who deal with making hydrolic lines. My questions are; what type of set up do you run in the rear, a 4 link? and do the pistons mount simularly to a bag, over the axle? how would the front be set up? I've heard everyone say, if you never done a set up, don't attempt it. but my goal here is to learn to make sure who ever does it, doesn't fock up or we can direct them in doing it the way we see fit. If you have any links or would be avalible on aim to chat or email please, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
DTC built
1,300 Posts
there is a fairly good install article in the new Streettrucks mag. where they put a two pump system on a 00 fullsize.

·
MichiganMetalWorks.com
2,531 Posts
there are as many ways to set up a juice setup as there are for bags, the possibilities are endless. In the rear it would be nice to run a 4 link, as far as cylinder locatoin goes that also is up to the installer. U can go the traditional style over the axle, or you can also go with a lever style setup to get you more lift and to make it a little fancier, if you are using accumulators you dont have to use springs in the rear you can just solely depend on the accumulator, but i suggest also running a coil in the rear. My self, i am running a triangular 4 link, with a 1ton minicoil clipped about to 3/4 it normal size, in a coil-over style cylinder mounting, and i am also running a powerball on the axle, i also have accumulators on all 4 corners. for mini-trucks that are looking to get low over looking to get great hops, that is the normal, i am bodydropped 4 inches and i still lay out all the, and i also get 10inches of lift in the rear, and the accumulators make it ride better than my old bag setup.

taylor

·
Audi Tech
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey man i was hoping you'd respond. i may hit you up with a few pm's about general things if you don't mind. i'm going to be seeing what this kid picks up this weekend as far as his "kit" is concerned. i'm going to talk him into a tri 4 link as a better set up. thanks for the tips and such.
i'll also look through the street trucks... somewhere around here i think :/

·
Registered
57 Posts
cab said:
We need to get a juice sub-forum setup... it's only fair, heh.
i think so to....it would keep alot of the bag hate/juice hate topics seperated because the people that like them would most likely stay in their own topics (hopefully)

·
Registered
57 Posts
if you dont run a 4 link prohopper sells an "almost" bolt on setup..
i think there is an article of it on layitlow.com but im not sure...
either way prohopper is a good company and gives you a very high quality kit for the price...

·
Audi Tech
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys, i got a chance to read through some of that site and found some good information. I'll be waiting to see what he gets and then fill in the blanks of what he needs. i spend most of my time just reading through the forums. i think a hydro section would be pretty nice as well. thanks again and i may be pickin your brains again. :evilg:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts