S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Insane Network Engineer
5,965 Posts
Disconnect the battery 15 mins prior to working on your steering wheel to prevent discharge of the air bag... Unscrew cover from back.. Disconnect yellow connector on air bag, place air bag face down...Remove center nut and use steering wheel puller...

·
Insane Network Engineer
5,965 Posts
Got-20z said:
ya know, vehicles haven't always had airbags... and ppl still drive them today with no problems..
they probably want it to look better maybe :idea:
Doesn't negate the fact that airbags make the car safer and the fact that it's against federal law to remove an airbag with one that was equipped...

·
She loves when I go low
582 Posts
its also against the law to street race and drag but thats not going to stop me from doing it

And who sells that kit?

·
Insane Network Engineer
5,965 Posts
jlAudioBooms said:
its also against the law to street race and drag but thats not going to stop me from doing it

And who sells that kit?
It will if you end up killing yourself, or someone else, or if you're busted and lose your licence...

Grant sells them

·
Registered
86 Posts
I removed mine, and as far as I know it's only illegal for a company to remove an operational airbag not a private indivdiual. Ckeck your laws. I used a LaCarra steering wheel and adapter. There adapter had a extra hole in it for the airbag plug. I put a 1 ohm resister across the plug so the airbag light would go out. Have the wheel with the extra fat grip. Thet are hand stitched in France, very nice.

·
The [email protected]$k you want foo?
851 Posts
rlith said:
Disconnect the battery 15 mins prior to working on your steering wheel to prevent discharge of the air bag... Unscrew cover from back.. Disconnect yellow connector on air bag, place air bag face down...Remove center nut and use steering wheel puller...
Just finished removing mine (wheel/bag) Was fairly simple. As for Mr. Safety Every bit of literature about airbags says "DO NOT PLACE AIRBAG FACE DOWN" in case of accidental deployment. Place airbag face up on a flat surface to avoid a flying airbag. Think about it Mr. Safety Engineer!

There are 2 plugs for the airbag one under the dash (next to your knees) another behind steering wheel. Pull Neg. battery cable and SIR fuse to avoid accidental deployment. Matchmark all steering components when removing. Be careful w/ the airbag coil/spring also, to prevent damage. I have recent pics. if anyone needs help.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts