S-10 Forum banner

Need Tire Size = to ZQ8's

956 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  3rdCoastCrawlin 
#1 ·
I had the stock older style ZQ8's with the stock tires, I think they were 235/55/R16's, correct me if I'm wrong. But now I have 17"X8"'s w/ 245/45/R17's and I now have a fender well gap. When I had the ZQ8's there was no gap. What I want to know is, what size tires for 17" rims would be the same height as the ZQ8 tires. Thanks for any help.

Nathan

#3 ·
I compared those two size tires at

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

and the 245/45/17's are about .5 inch shorter in diameter than the 235/55/16's. Keep putting tire sizes in there to get the closest match in size you can. Doesnt seem that .5 inch would make that much difference in wheelwell gap though.

#6 ·
For the example of 245/45/17, the first number is the width of the tire in mm (245 mm), the second number is the ratio of the sidewall to the width(45 is 45% of the 245), and the last number is the size of the rim that fits the tire(17=17 inches)

Thats why different 40 series tires have different sidewall heights. It is 40% of the width. A 40 series tire with a width of 195 would have a tiny sidewall compared to 275 which is a larger sidewall. (40% of the second tire is obviously more material).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.