S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right here is my problem. I have a 95 s10 with a 4in spindle & spring drop in the front and a 3 to 4 inch block drop in the rear... I get so much side-to-side body roll that I almost want to drive my truck up a tree? Does anyone know what might cause this? I know that a rear sway bar would stop all of it but I want to know why it does it. I have friends with bigger drops than mine and there trucks just cruise straight down the road. If you think you can help please let me know..

Kc

·
Registered
508 Posts
bad shocks? any shocks on it at all?

Also what brand of parts did you use to drop it, especially the front coils. Dropping it shouldnt give you more body roll.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It had ground force shocks on it. I just replaced the shocks with some auto zone cheap crap just to see it that might fix the problem. It's dropped with 2' DMJ spindles & 2' DMJ springs. the sway bar is on and in good shape as far as I know. The rear is dropped with a 2' block and the overload leaf has been removed. the truck has been this low for about 2 years and the problem hasn't been there for that long? I started noticing it about 6 months ago, this is after I cut the front bump stops down and totally removed the rear bump stop & the bracket, I don't know if the alinment is out but it doesn't feel like it is?? any other suggestions?
Thank you for the suggestions so far. Like I said I almost can't stand to drive the truck, it kills me when it starts rocking side to side...

Kc

·
Grrr
1,575 Posts
i bet you were hitting your bumpstops in corners and limiting the body roll. To start definitley get a rear sway bar...make sure it has poly bushings. Then go to autozone and get polyurethane bushings and endlinks for the front. You will definitely stop leaning.

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
or get the zq8 sway bar from a junkyard. that will be way better than anything. Also you should get drop shocks that are stiffer to help with the swaying.

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
before you get the rear bar, make sure the front bar is connected correctly. you might of broken one of the sway bar end links, rendering the bar useless.

jack the truck up, then crawl under it and check out the front sway bar, make sure its not broken it self, or also one of the end links. I have seen end links break before!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, everything under the truck is good, I checked the sway bar and end links when this all started. I had drop shocks on it and it still did it, I put cheapies on it to see if this would fix it before I bought more 40$ drop shocks. It doesn't sway in corners only when I'm going down the road @ 50+ and hit an uneven spot or really bumpy area. I know that a rear sway bar will stop this, (BUT) it shouldn't be doing it in the 1st place, and I want to know why it does it now? I have thought allot about it in the past few days and even more about it while I was stuck on the side if the road this morning with a flat front tire. I'm wondering if it couldn't be alignment??? Reading though some these posts I saw something about alignment and realized that about 6 months ago I took the passenger side coil off and cut about a 1/2 inch off it to make it level the drivers side? Could this cause my problem????

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Liftedbronco said:
i ..make sure it has poly bushings. Then go to autozone and get polyurethane bushings and endlinks for the front. You will definitely stop leaning.
Polyurethane is super stiff, I think my truck is rough enough already, BUT I have never ran that stuff so it might help. But I learned that poly was about the stiffest roughest riding bushings out there??

·
Grrr
1,575 Posts
its true, but i just put em in and it has actually IMPROVED the ride. The flat cornering makes it feel better to me, and when I accelerate from a stop making a turn, its less likley to lift the inside tire. Also in a hard turn it feels strangley softer. I think what was happening b4 was when i take a hard turn, it was actually leaning on the bumpstops, making a real harsh ride. I would definitley advise goin to pep boys or whatever and pickin up these greasable poly bushings...they are great and cheap

1 - 10 of 10 Posts