S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, yo anyone have any idea or recommendations for an exahust/muffler on a 96 s10

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,403 Posts
rmducati said:
hey, yo anyone have any idea or recommendations for an exahust/muffler on a 96 s10
flowmaster 50 series..........

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
see i have a v6, am i am looking more for performance, i hear that flowmasters make high pitch sounds . . .and with the shop that i visited, the guy recommended some super turbo muffler, or hemi superturbo? anyone with ideas please hit me up

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
Well every guy that has come through here with custom exhaust on a v6 has had a borla cat back or flowmaster 50's or something in between. They've had no complaints about it whining or anything like that. Granted it ain't gonna sound like v8, but it ain't gonna sound like a swarm of bees either.

·
Registered
40 Posts
get the flowmaster 40 series its not high at all in fact its deep now the turbo is a glass pact it sound like a bunch of mad bees .if you get the flowmaster get the two chamber with duel out fo the peforments and sound .

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok then, so what is the difference in sound between the flowmaster 50 and 40, and which will give a better performance on my ride?

·
Registered
40 Posts
the 50 series has the same performens as the 40 but the 50 has 3 chamber and the 40 has 2 chamber the 40 series has a louder and a more agresive sound .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Borla. It has its own sound and is very aggresive. Also, not as many people have the Borla as the Flowmaster, so its sets you apart from the cookie cutter.

·
Registered
40 Posts
moste of your ricers use borla ithink that the flowmaster has a manler tone . flowmaster has a real tone to were borla has a whine to it i have heard a S10with a borla and it sound like plane i kid you not.

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
What exactly would make a muffler strictly for SUV's?

Nothing. The only thing the varies with exhaust systems besides the layout (single/duals, etc) is the size of the exhaust pipe. That's about it. So as long as your muffer intake matches that of your exhaust you have nothing to worry about.

On a side note, Borla does a cat-back system but can more expensive than dual Flowmasters mufflers or even a true dual setup.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hope you don't mind if I post on this, beings as how I'm a Ranger owner:uhoh:

The Borla may be more expensive, but it'll be the last cat-back system you buy too...It definitely has its own sound. Its not the ricer whine or the Flow's rumble..its inbetween the two of them.

·
Drunk Member
27 Posts
In deep manly tone:
BORLA... the last exhaust system you'll ever buy....

Still in manly tone
Untill you decide to change it
OK Manly voice over
It's the last one you'll buy because it is stainless steel. However if you have the truck long enough to take advnatage of the fact, you might get tired and want a new exhaust setup. Just some food for tought.
Avoid glass packs at all costs. Quick way to make even the newest, smoothest running vehicle sound like it has something wrong with it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it, but one more question, how much of a hp increase does the borla cat-back system give, and is it a dual or single chamber

·
Freak of Nature
41 Posts
I recommend the Flowmaster 40-series Delta Flow. I got mine from Summit for around $75 and I love the sound. It is quiet at highway speed but has a low rumble to it at takeoff and cruisin' speed. Your best bet is to go to a show or find somebody whose exhaust sound like what you want and ask them what they have.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
haha, been a while since i last posted on this thread but yeah i already got the flowmaster 40, and it is tight.

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
GAS10 said:
get the flowmaster 40 series its not high at all in fact its deep now the turbo is a glass pact it sound like a bunch of mad bees .if you get the flowmaster get the two chamber with duel out fo the peforments and sound .
i'm gonna have to disagree on the mad bees part there. with a v6..you are not gonna have a full deep rumble at all scales of the rpm's....you are gonna get a bit higher tone at the higher rpm's. i have a glass pack on my xtreme. single in, dual out. and it has a nice rumble to it.

if you want, i can send you a sound clip of my exhaust.

just email me, and i'll send it to ya

1 - 20 of 25 Posts