S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone i have a 96 s-10 and need some tips on how to get some cheap hp if possible! thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i figure i've spent about $850 on the performance parts i have now and have gained aproximately 40 rwhp...after i get the STS pullies and Black Magic E-fan i figure $1200 for about 55 rwhp...i plan on having the truck dynoed after the installation of pullies and fan if not before...there is no real cheap way of adding real huge power to our trucks...The Mantapart head is probably the best reliable HP for the buck you can buy for our trucks...$500 for 30 HP...after that you can slap some NOS on and kick some butt..

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
Ah but does he have the 2.2 or the 2.5?

From what I have heard if he has a 2.5 there are some diffrent mods that can get some more HP.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i have a 2.2L and want it to have some power. the only things that have done to it are aluminim wheels and ground effects. i just need some power! thanks for the help!

·
Registered
26 Posts
My thoughts....

If its what you have, make the most out of it you can. Most people dump a minimum of $500 in the stereo alone....I think you'd be happy with a header/intake/perf muffler/chip/plugs/wires etc....

I say go for it, make your 2.2 faster than a stock 2.2. A little tweaking never hurt, even if you gain only 25-30 hp total, I think thats a nice increase, compared to where you started (120).

I just got my 2.2, and I'm most certainly going to squeeze a little more hp out of it....

Besides, I don't consider the v6/v8 boys my enemy, I'll never catch them, without joining them...I'm hunting rice......(anyone know the curb weight difference between the same truck with a 2.2 vs 4.3?, just curious)

Cheers,
Russ

·
Registered
9 Posts
yeah i have the 2.2...you can check out everything at my web site Top Secret Sonoma you can find tons of parts for the 2.2 there....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i put about 1300 into my stereo and that is about it. i appreciate all the help and i am planning on getting an intake, headers, exhause and maybe a few other things!

·
Registered
9 Posts
i just got the price on my next project...Mantapart head, pistons, cam, rollerrocker tips and installation...$1850...that will make me faster than hell...i'm looking into putting all that on in about three months...i'm going to buy it one part at a time and then have it all installed at the same time...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts