S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my control bushings, 've found a get kit from Energy Suspension with CA bushings, leaf spring, tir rod boots and options like sway bar bushing.
It was brought to my attention in another thread to NOT use the poly bushing i the control, due to binding issues.
I've never usedthe poly bushings in the CA but I have in the leaf springs iwth no issues(this was on an 88 suzuki samurai) I was hoping I could get someone advice that has used these kind of bushings before I do it an dfind out it was a bad idea

·
Compliance!
5,152 Posts
I used polys on mine as a replacement. There should be red ones AND black ones. i used the black ones cuz i believe theyre injected with some sort of anti binding agent or something. i cant really remember. but ive had no problems with binding or squeaking at all. just make sure you lube them up very well before jnstalling them. i ordered ES lube with mine and slathered em up.

·
Compliance!
5,152 Posts
Its been a few years. i did them when i dropped my truck. the originals were falling apart. are you gojng to be doing them yourself? If i ever have to do it again im going to take the arms off and take em to a shop for a few bucks. it was a PITA for me cuz i dont really have the press to do it and a shop can probably do it fairly quickly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I planned on doing them myself, i knew the leaf bushings needed to pressed but I didn't know the control arms needed to be pressed. thanks you just saved me a lot of time

·
goin broke but n style
12,942 Posts
I have the p-s-t kit on my 94. did it when i installed my TM lift. Its benn roughly 100k miles and 10 years. no issues or abnormal noises. I like the p-s-t kit better cause it is impregnated with graphite.

·
Compliance!
5,152 Posts
^^ THATS what it was. i couldnt remember. Arent the black ES ones impregnated with graphite as well?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts