S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
At least it turns fast
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... here's the downlow... Right now I have a MTX 4250 amp and 2 JL w0 10's in a JL stealth box. I recently aquired 2 L712's. The question I have is...

Should I:
1)Keep what I have now and sell the L712's?
2)Sell one the L7's and sell what I have now and buy a new amp and enclosure for the other L7.
3)Sell my entire current setup and buy a Kicker KX1200, and build an enclosure for the 2 L712's?

The variables are,
-I don't have a lot of money at the time to buy amps, so option no. 3 will have to wait a while if i go that route.
-I have no idea what $$ I could get for my current setup.

Any stray input is also accepted.

Thanks,
-Jerry

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
Why you wanna upgrade?
You want it louder?

Thats about the only thing you'll get if you upgrade is louder, and deeper in debt.

If your W0's sound great to you and whatnot, I'd sell the L7's for about $200.

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
i would go with option 3, but i wouldnt buy the kx 1200.1 amp...only because it's toooooo damn expensive...u can find cheaper amps with the same amount or maybe even more power... i was gonna buy a kx1200.1 for $575 untill i found a amp that puts out 1500rms..for 200 dollars cheaper ...so i got more power than what i wanted for a better price... :D

·
At least it turns fast
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I've thought it over, I found a buyer for one of the L7's, so I think I am going to atempt to sell my current setup, get a vented box for the L7, and get a JL 500/1. I'll let you know what happens.

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
good luck man :D
make sure u get a very good ported enclosure for that L7...it'll slam hard if u do it right.. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts