S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
i was about to but had to pay 600 bucks to get my 4 wisdom teeth pulled on thursday. so i needed new rotors so i went with the crossdrilled rotors and new brakes. My buddy ran a 14.3 14.4 consistant with the yank 2800 stall and hes puttin on nos 100 shot on his truck now. the stall is the best mod so far on his truck and id say next to my nos it is also. his truck is a lot more responsive in the city and off the line it pulls so good

tony

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Forget the HPP, they dont do much other than recalibrating speedo and trans shifts. Get it customtuned, you'll be much happier, I'll guarentee it. You can get the same gains horsepower wise by buying and SLP IAT thingy and a Casper TPS-TEC for much less, the IAT is about $30 and the TPS-TEC around $90. The SLP IAT changes the spark curve up to 2 degrees and the TPS-TEC changes the fuel curve, thats exactly what the HPP does.

·
StepIntoTheDark.com!!!
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
964pt3 said:
Forget the HPP, they dont do much other than recalibrating speedo and trans shifts. Get it customtuned, you'll be much happier, I'll guarentee it. You can get the same gains horsepower wise by buying and SLP IAT thingy and a Casper TPS-TEC for much less, the IAT is about $30 and the TPS-TEC around $90. The SLP IAT changes the spark curve up to 2 degrees and the TPS-TEC changes the fuel curve, thats exactly what the HPP does.
I am buying the SLP IAT gig this week, and I called Bill Mach, and asked for an estimate for redoing my computer he said it would run about 500.. OUCH!!!.. I need the speed limiter taken off, and the gear ratio set better than stock.. BUT DAMN 500.. wow.. well I guess I gotta do that..

·
Doesn't Miss GMF
60 Posts
Do you have a pic or wiring diagram? The IAT is just a thermistor in every case I can think of, so it would just take a resistor across the right 2 wires, maybe more if I read your post right. That may be a pontiac, but its still a chevy motor.

·
14,970 Posts
Vegeta said:
Do you have a pic or wiring diagram? The IAT is just a thermistor in every case I can think of, so it would just take a resistor across the right 2 wires, maybe more if I read your post right. That may be a pontiac, but its still a chevy motor.
where you repling to me?

I just got my info from someone over on s-series.org i think.

·
Doesn't Miss GMF
60 Posts
Nope, but I now see what he was talking about (colors on the reisitor).

Depending on the actual temps outside, you may not want the computer thinking the temp is 46 degree. If its 120 out, you could get some bad results.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Rhino, check into dynosources, fastchips and super chips all . coms they retune the computer also like Bill does and if I remember right I priced one of those guys about 6 months ago and they said 350 or 375 for it. I just havent done it yet, been spending elsewhere first, because they want to knwo the mods you have or are planning in order to tune it for proper usage.

·
Doesn't Miss GMF
60 Posts
Well, thats the exact same thing a resistor would be doing as well. You can use a resisitor that equals any temp. 25 cents vs 25 bucks... If you have a multimeter, could you see what resistor they put in theirs?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts