S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im doing a 2" body lift on my 1992 s10 ext cab and was wondering if the only way to adjust the shift lingage is to weld in a extender peice in if there is a easier way it be greatly apreciated for the advice

·
Registered
63 Posts
You can either cut and weld an extension in the linkage or go with a cable shifter like the B&M Megashifter.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One more thing where would be the easiest place to weld in an extender peice or just into ant strait part

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
dont mean to highjack your thread but ive got a 91 4x4 with the tcase fllor shifter auto could i fit a b&m shifter if i trim out the console peice covering the tcase shifter

·
peace and big boobs to u
6,026 Posts
dont mean to highjack your thread but ive got a 91 4x4 with the tcase fllor shifter auto could i fit a b&m shifter if i trim out the console peice covering the tcase shifter
can you get a picture of the floor space(the trans tunnel)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No problem here and might be able with a bit of fabricating

·
Registered
63 Posts
One more thing where would be the easiest place to weld in an extender peice or just into ant strait part
You want to add it to the most vertical part possible in order for it to line up the best. Also, I believe that 2nd gens use a cable, maybe you go do something with that?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
all i can show you is my 85 but it has the stick shift where the the B&M will go on the jimmy

·
peace and big boobs to u
6,026 Posts
take the bench seats out and get buckets then mount the shifter in between the seat and forward as you can without cutting the 4x shifter base, best way my opinion.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
no thats the only pick i could get as i havnt picked up the 91 jimmy yet this is my 85 puckup with a standard which im selling in the next couple weeks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You want to add it to the most vertical part possible in order for it to line up the best. Also, I believe that 2nd gens use a cable, maybe you go do something with that?
Okay will do and i could go check at a junk yard bout the cable for second gen might work cuz i have heard they use a cable also

1 - 12 of 12 Posts