S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i sold my dirt bike so i have $1000 to spend on my truck. Help me out and gimme some ideas. Im planning on lowering it so i need spacers and a drop kit. just help me out on some ideas on what to do with the rest. just throw out some stuff so i don't overlook anything. Thanks guys

here is a pic in case you forgot

·
The God of Death
36 Posts
well... the first thing i would recommend be the xtreme vinyl stripes in black (to keep with ur current white/black theme) like the ones in my avatar. they'll look fine on a gen1.
And are those still the 14" rallys ur rollin on? those might be next on the list. some 16" X or ZQ8 take-off wheels will smooth out the look and save u some cash.

But i have to ask u bout ur otb airdam. Is that a stock cameo cover or aftermarket. It's a hellova better lookin piece than i've seen on other cameos!!! that's what i've been lookin 4 for my '85 conversion.

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well let me tell you what i have... i have 16x8's sitting in my garage dying to go on, so rims are done and the airdam is stock it came witht he truck and when i pulled it off to replace the grill and turn signals i could tell it was factory done. keep the ideas coming.....

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
fetuss10 said:
cameocame wiht the stock airdam liek that just as typhoons and syclones came with stock cum guards for peopel like us lol
:drinkhaha , id say look into a tailgate filler panel (if ya dont have one already) and the headlight conversion like me and some of the other guys have (cuz its cheap and well worth it)
and maybe some buckets and a console since your loaded now :p

other then that eric your truck looks damn good, BTW nice mirrors
where did ya get em?

·
Registered
275 Posts
If you've got wheels and a lowering kit, sounds like you need to take a day off of work!!:evilg: I'd get the grill painted to match the truck, and maybe a bed cover.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey, anyone on here ever think of doing some performance mods to their trucks. Looking good is fine, but it having a cowl hood and losing to a celica doesnt look good. Get an exhaust and a larger flow intake manifold, you will enjoy it more and you may even have enough dough left for some cams.

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
92S10LB said:
:drinkhaha , id say look into a tailgate filler panel (if ya dont have one already) and the headlight conversion like me and some of the other guys have (cuz its cheap and well worth it)
and maybe some buckets and a console since your loaded now :p

other then that eric your truck looks damn good, BTW nice mirrors
where did ya get em?
hey tony,

good ideas, i need a new tailgate tho. the old hag that had it before me decided to run into something big and dent the sh*t out of it. Im already looking into buckets and i didn't think about the headlight conversion, sweet ideas, thanks bout the mirrors, i bought them off of AIM.com (a chassistech sub-company) i wouldn't recommend buying from there but they were alright. they were like $72 if i remember right and like an hour to do the custom installation. :thumbup:

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
grahamstein said:
Hey, anyone on here ever think of doing some performance mods to their trucks. Looking good is fine, but it having a cowl hood and losing to a celica doesnt look good. Get an exhaust and a larger flow intake manifold, you will enjoy it more and you may even have enough dough left for some cams.
the reason why im not talking performance mods right now is because im building a v8 350 over the summer and now is just to dressing it up before i attach some balls to this girl.

·
The God of Death
36 Posts
carhoods.com has a monstrous looking ram air hood for a gen1...they have a posted pic of one on a typhoon. turns out it looks really nice.

but since ur building a V8, u might want to put a bagged 4 or 6 link rear set-up to keep rearend from windin up on ya.

·
Registered
102 Posts
sorry, i didnt think the people on this board did serious stuff to their trucks, i was just kinda pissed of when i saw the group purchase for blue led's many props. Anyhow, i would probably drop it and put whatever money left into some suspension upgrades.

·
Registered
23 Posts
1. Complete White out. i.e. grill, mirrors & anything else not white. 2. Lowered 1.5 inches in the front ( about one coil cut out)and 3 in the rear this is the cheapest way to lower your truck and it will handle perfectly. 3. Ground f/x are up to you once I lowered mine I did not think It need it. 4. Under the hood I asume you have a 2.5L Not much performance upgrades there but k&n filter ( turn air cleaner lid upside down for more air) X the convertor( a universal hook up kit and a test will make it a simple bolt on. Lastly add spashes of white under the hood (valve cover, aircleaner, brackets ect.) 5. interior look at it if it comes off paint it white. 6. come up with a name like snowwhite, snow ball, the real white light'n or just plain ******

·
Registered
275 Posts
Or ****** Ford Killer when you drop in the small block :idea: J/k

IMO a small block is the only real performance upgrade for these trucks. You might as well get a honda if you think that your going to make these trucks fast when you have a four banger or a 2.8. After you drop thousands of dollars to run a 15 second quarter, you coud have had a V8 and been hammering out 12's.

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
rev's racing said:
1. Complete White out. i.e. grill, mirrors & anything else not white. 2. Lowered 1.5 inches in the front ( about one coil cut out)and 3 in the rear this is the cheapest way to lower your truck and it will handle perfectly. 3. Ground f/x are up to you once I lowered mine I did not think It need it. 4. Under the hood I asume you have a 2.5L Not much performance upgrades there but k&n filter ( turn air cleaner lid upside down for more air) X the convertor( a universal hook up kit and a test will make it a simple bolt on. Lastly add spashes of white under the hood (valve cover, aircleaner, brackets ect.) 5. interior look at it if it comes off paint it white. 6. come up with a name like snowwhite, snow ball, the real white light'n or just plain ******
haha, i like the ideas, im gonna paint some accents in the cab white, like the vents and sh*t. when i drop it im going to use spindles and leaves. I know the other way is cheaper but im gonna go for a quality drop, plus i feel like installing somehting. thanks for the ideas :thumbup:

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hadley Hellhound said:
Or ****** Ford Killer when you drop in the small block :idea: J/k

IMO a small block is the only real performance upgrade for these trucks. You might as well get a honda if you think that your going to make these trucks fast when you have a four banger or a 2.8. After you drop thousands of dollars to run a 15 second quarter, you coud have had a V8 and been hammering out 12's.
good point i can't wait til the 350! :werd:

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
whitebowtie9 said:
is anyone feeling ground fx?
i got 5 years for feeling squirrels ..er no wait ... the only ones i really like are the sy/ty gfx :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts