S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I let my brother us my truck. And the door latch stuck and he couldn't shut the door. Or didn't know how to fix it. Anyways he just left the door barely open over night Without telling me. And when I got out the next morning my hazard/ blinker lights in front and back were blinking and wouldn't start. I got a new battery and nothing. Saw that my door jam switch was broke and replaced it. And still won't start. I've tried the security reset where turn the key to start for 10 minutes then off for 10 seconds 3 times. And nothing. The security light goes off when key is turned to start. Also the dash lights blink and it sounds like when your turn signal is on or hazards when you sit inside. And goes with the blinking lights. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Been there Done it
13,164 Posts
Have you got any aftermarket keyless remote or security? The flashing hazards sounds like something that would do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The owner before me did. But cut it. Yeah i have to disconnect my battery or they would blink all night.

·
Been there Done it
13,164 Posts
Are you saying you have half of a half azzed security system?
You need to remove it completely and repair any original wires that had been cut and spliced into.
I like to take the drivers seat out because you'll be on your back looking up under the dash for quite a while. You tend to rush things went you're all contorted trying to reach up under there. Not a place to be making mistakes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found the
Are you saying you have half of a half azzed security system?
You need to remove it completely and repair any original wires that had been cut and spliced into.
I like to take the drivers seat out because you'll be on your back looking up under the dash for quite a while. You tend to rush things went you're all contorted trying to reach up under there. Not a place to be making mistakes.
Found the blinking problem. He didn't just break the door jam switch he lost the part that is on the door itself that pushes the switch in when you close the door so it was going in the hole and not being pushed in to sense that the door was shut. Fixed it. But still won't start. Going to test the battery cause it's showing low voltage on the dash even though it's a new battery

·
B4U Task Force Admin
31,186 Posts
Found the

Found the blinking problem. He didn't just break the door jam switch he lost the part that is on the door itself that pushes the switch in when you close the door so it was going in the hole and not being pushed in to sense that the door was shut. Fixed it. But still won't start. Going to test the battery cause it's showing low voltage on the dash even though it's a new battery
Testing the battery is fine, but II'd also check the cables for corrosion, not only at the battery, starter, and ground locations. Bend the cables near the ends and feel/listen for crunchy sounds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts