S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
They took our jorbs.
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im gonna be replacing the Oil, oil filter, gas filter, flush the radiator, change the plugs and the wires. My question is.... What are the best plugs to use on a 98 2.2, and who makes a good set of plug wires? I was looking for some wires from Accel, but i cant seem to find any.

·
They took our jorbs.
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
....BUMP

·
They took our jorbs.
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you know the part numbers for your msd wires

·
Registered
396 Posts
The stock AcDelcos ones I bought for my truck were platinum, dam expensive too

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
stock AC delcos are double platinum, throw those in there with some 8MM wires and you're good to go....you can get the accel wires through any auto parts store and they work great

Caleb

·
Registered
697 Posts
Also when you flush the radiator i hope you know to flush everything out including the motor and change to the green stuff cuz the red stuff (dexcool) sucks. i'm not questioning your knowledge on flushing the radiator btw. i'm checking to make sure you know about the problem with dexcool.

·
Do I need a gas mask?!
5,780 Posts
SummerWolf said:
stock AC delcos are double platinum, throw those in there with some 8MM wires and you're good to go....you can get the accel wires through any auto parts store and they work great

Caleb

Huh, i didnt have AC Delcos ocme stock in my old 2.2, nor did the deaership recommend them either, and i wouldnt be putting platinum plugs in your truck when you turbo it either. Thats speaking out of experience

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
No, I'm going with the NGK's when it is turbo'd.....platinum + turbo= a nono....

Maybe it was 98+ but they have Double platinum tipped plugs.....that aren't supposed to be changed for 100,000 miles (LOL) they're good plugs, but they're not 100,000 mile good

Caleb

1 - 12 of 12 Posts