S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Do I need a gas mask?!
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont have the funds to get a new paint job right now, but my problem is, is that winter is coming up, and i am in the middle of primering, shaving and cleaning up the body on my truck. I know that primer is not moisture resistant. So what I was wondering it, and since its a work in progress, so i put a coat of primer on it, finish sanding and cleaning up the body, then rattle can it until next spring, or unless anyoone has any suggestions on a good primer that is moisture resistant(i have never heard of any). any help? I don't really want to rattle can it, but if i have to I have too...

·
former title junky mod
6,494 Posts
rattle can paint is not moisture resistant either. If you left your factory paint on under the primer and you used a urathane primer it should be ok. Urathane is more watter resistant that rattle can primer or cheap primer and the factory paint under will help out.

·
Do I need a gas mask?!
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
balso, another concern is, certain sports(under the exsisting primer) dont have any original paint left due to either dents, or shaving? would the urethane primer be ok there?

i see your truck)futesweets10) is primered. are you using the urethane?

·
Muppet Baby Member
4,261 Posts
clear coat it. Just take it too a shop, a couple coats of clear shouldnt run more than a couple hundred bucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts