S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions. I have a 96 Hombre blower morose only works in middle two positions but only runs one speed. I was kinda thinking bad switch. Also temp Guatemala never moveable even after driving and air never gets hot. This motor was rebuilt before I got it I thought maybe they didn't put in a thermostats. I also have a question about a 2002 blazer. When trying to fill up with gas it only takes a few cents worth before kicking pump off. I have pulled tank checked fill tube and replaced the vent tube any ideas would be great

·
i saw what you did there!
3,573 Posts
if not bad resistor then check relay plug at the heater housing under the hood knock on it or plug it back in once to get better connection at connector spades

if not that then pull control panel from dash and check connector spades on control panel connector, sometimes one burns up melts

pretyt common

sometimes filler neck coesnt get air in the vent hose like it should and causes difficult filling
has been a problem since at leastt he early 70s on random vehicles

try taking vent hose off at the filler neck end and making sure no kink in it so it can get air through it

if that doesnt do it then run a steel rod down the filler hose and open up the valve thats in the filler neck, its an anti siphon valve thing

it may be stuck and allowing the neck to fill with gas and therefore clicking off the pump nozzle

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses but on the way to go deer hunting yesterday with a friend the rod decided it wanted to leave and it came out the side of the block. Motor was supposed to had been rebuilt about 60,000 miles ago. O well now I have no vehicle that runs and working 55 hours a week going to be fun getting to work

1 - 4 of 4 Posts