S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
need to be lower
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright i finished up the driver side front today and let it off the stands. Once i got it started i let the compressor run and then hit a switch and nothing happened. I did not hear a valve click eithger so i checked all the connections and redit a couple then hit it again and this time the valves clicked but still didnt go up. I didnt hear any air escape or anything. Do you think maybe it doesnt have enough pressure to do anything yet or a line came unplugged somewhere? The only thing i have left to do is mount the pressure switch to the tank. I wasnt paying attention and mounted it underneath the bed not knowing it needed to be on the tank but i was turning off the compressor by unlugging the relay. Let me know some suggestions and things to check.

·
need to be lower
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know the pressure because i dont have a gauge. I planned on getting one tommorow. Ther other side is still dropped 4 inches. I am really slow for some reason and this stuff is taking forever and i just got the first side done today. Setup is jasons front kit. 1/2 fill 3/8 dump 5/8 line 5 gallon viair 450 and the rest. I have prob let the compressor run a total of a minute and a half. Do you think it built up enough poressure to even start lifiting?

·
SOLD
7,551 Posts
hmm. you should of seen some movement but i dont understand, your saying you only bagged the one side? do you still have ur swaybar? that might be restricting you because your truck is trying to do a "side to side motion" since ur still static on the one side, but like i said, you should see some movement, id get a gauge and let the tank get up to 150psi, then hit ur switches, if nothin happens, you know its not the pressure..... check ur valves, i dont know what kind ya got, im guessin either smc's or parker.... make sure they are faced the right way, on the smc's they say "in" on one side.....chek all that and see what happens, then give us an update.

·
need to be lower
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea ill get the gauge and let it run up there. I still have the sway bar in the but its not hooked to the left side anymore because im taking it off when i do the other side. The valves are smc and i made sure the in part was right but ill check again to make sure. Thanks alot for the qwuick responses it helps alot.

·
Alsek Spring & Fab Ltd.
1,230 Posts
hard to say. you wont see any lift until at least 50psi. more like 70-80 with a 4.3L. let the compressor run for a bit longer. if a line came off then you should hear the air still comming out of it.

and dont worry about taking a long time to do the install. It took me quite a while. all these people that say it can be done in one day no problems, have all the tools and have probably done it before. just take your time, thats all that matters.

·
need to be lower
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Would the 450 put out 50 psi or so in a 5 gallon in a minute and a half? One thing i do know though. The 5/8 line is a paint o run and i mounted the valves under the hood and ran the line through the top of the shock tower next to the bag bolt. Im not positive if i got the line into the bag fitting but i think i did because i was just using my hand and couldnt see the fitting and line. Even if it wasnt in the bag it still should make a noise when air comes out right?

Edit* i have the 2.2 if it matters.

·
need to be lower
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I went to Lowes today and bought a Campbell Hausfeld 160 psi gauge, I hooked it up to a 1/2" to a 1/4" reducer and then put it on the tank. Ran the compressor and the gauge did not move. but when i removed the plug, air was escaping. Why wont the gauge work?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Where do you live maybe a local forum member could help you out.

What I think i would be looking for right now, is a leak. There are numerous places to have leaks, If you have a shop compressor, hook it up to your tank then start checking for leaks, It sounds like you have such a large leak that its not really building significant pressure, double check evrything, everything. I wish I could be there to help.

·
Dime Dragger
438 Posts
how long did u let the compressor run? and was it like ALOT of air ? and did it last long and are u hittin the right switch for the right bag???

·
need to be lower
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I let it run for about 5 minutes and Im in Kansas City, theres a few people around, but they're not bagged. It hissed while I was unscrewing the plug, and it popped up after the threads seperated. Its raining here, so Ill look at it tomorrow. So any other ideas you might have, let mek now.

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
i have the same cambell pressure guage you bought from lowes....mine is mounted on the front of the tank....as soon as you trun the compressor on the guage should start climbing....id say 5 seconds after it turns on it should be reading around 5 psi...mine does with my 450c.....if you say you ran it for 5 minutes then you should have 125-140 psi in the tank.....be carefull unscrewing fittings at that psi...im puzzled as to what your problem could be??????:confused:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.