S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is the deal i just lowered my truck last night ,, i went with a 5/4 drop .. i used 3spings and 2spindles and 4'' block(all of it is DJM) ..WELL i got everything done,,but one side sits about an inch and 3/4 lower then the other side ,, if someone could tell me why this happen or could tell me how to fix it ,,please

·
Registered
37 Posts
Are you sure the coils were seated correctly in the spring pocket? Also they must be installed flatter end up. (the end that makes them set up straightest if you set them on end goes up) Also the lower tip of the coil must cover one drain hole in the lower A-frame, but not the second hole.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think ur right about the coil ,, maybe its not in all the way or something ...i'll have to take a look ...Thanks:thumbup:

·
US Beer Drinking Team
7,156 Posts
bg's said:
I don't know how many times this has been brought up, but here
may be your solution..Many have had to add it.
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=BEL%2D4930&N=4294925130+400013+115&autoview=sku

the spacer is if your driver side sits higher than the passenger side (Chevy lean). this is not the issue with my truck as the passenger side sits higher than the driver side. also when i start to move or stop i can hear a slight popping coming from what sounds like the passenger side coil. i never got to get under it lastnight so i will try again tonight. if it doesn't correct itself by this weekend, i'll be pulling it all apart and reseating it.

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
I thought the chevy lean was the passenger side sitting higher. My 85 S-10 did this, but I always thought it was due to the gas tank being on that side...

·
US Beer Drinking Team
7,156 Posts
PSYKO_Inc said:
I thought the chevy lean was the passenger side sitting higher. My 85 S-10 did this, but I always thought it was due to the gas tank being on that side...

maybe i am wrong as this does make sense. i know my coil isn't seated right and i'm hoping that the 1 & 1/4 inch difference will even itself out once it's seated right. will let you guys know as soon as i do.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
It is the drivers side that needs the coil spacer. Talk to the guys at belltech they will tell you the same thing. I have the same problem you guys have but mine is in the rear and not the front. When I did my 3" leafs and my 2" blocks the drivers side sits about an 1" lower than the passenger side. But again mine is happening in the rear not the front.

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
PSYKO_Inc said:
No...There's about a dozen things that add weight to the driver side.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
PSYKO_Inc said:
it is..I don't know if the gas tank is the cause of the lean, but
some trucks do and some don't. My doesn't. I guess I was
just lucky there.

The spacer is placed on the LEFT side or drivers side coil,
on top, IF the drivers side or left side of the truck is sitting
LOWER than the pass or right side of the truck.

·
Your Tax's Hard AT Work
396 Posts
the chevy lean is the pass side high its one of those thing that chevy did and no one knows why but thats why we love them

·
US Beer Drinking Team
7,156 Posts
hamagc said:
maybe i am wrong as this does make sense. i know my coil isn't seated right and i'm hoping that the 1 & 1/4 inch difference will even itself out once it's seated right. will let you guys know as soon as i do.
so i reseated the coil and the passanger side dropped another inch. i haven't measured since i drove it around a bit so i'm hoping that it sits even now. we'll see =)

·
is out cruisin...
1,619 Posts
the "chevy lean" occurs when the passenger side sits higher than the driver's side and results from having a defect in the frame, not from the gas tank being full...idk how or why this happens im just stating what ive read and what the "suspension gurus" on here have told me...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts