S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday i hooked up some stuff in my buddies mustang, I didnt want to do it in the first place and i will never do something like this again. Everything was extremely tight and in general it was all a big pain in the ass. So heres my problem, After everything was done the speakers wont work... they were working perfectly when i had the radio out of the dash tho. we tested it all before i put the radio all the way in, i pushed it the rest of the way in and when he went to go leave there was nothing coming out of the speakers. his subs still hit, but there is no music going with them. WHAT SHOULD I DO?? i just want this to be all done with, i am so tired of dealing with this car. I was thinking of trying a new wiring harness, but the one i wired up looks fine. any suggestions would be good

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
hmmmm, sounds like something my be grounding out or something? i would pull the deck back out and see if it plays. if it does then there is some kind of wiring issue

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we tried pulling it out to see if it worked, and there was just static. When the radio is all the way in it just doesnt make any sound out of the speakers. The ground wire for the radio is the black one right? that would make my life a whole lot easier if thats all it is

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
well i would hook a ground strap to the case, and take the black wire and hook it to a good ground instead of the factory ground wire on the harness.

i have had many problems with factory power and grounds. i am going to replace both with 8 gauge ground to the chassis and power to the battery once i start tearing everything apart again.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well would the ground wire affect the speakers? or just the radio... because the speakers are the main problem. the radio doesnt do much good with speakers that arent working...

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
Sounds like something may be shorting out in the wiring harness, or possibly a problem with the headunit itself. I've got a Kenwood cd player that does the same thing except with the cd changer connector. Works just fine when I hold it out of the dash, but as soon as I push it inside, one side of the audio quits working.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts