S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 Sonoma with the sport front end. I want to update to the newer style. I can not decide which way to go. Either s10 with euro lights, shaved bowtie on the grille and GMC inserted, and painted red, or Sonoma with cleared lights and painted grille. Here are a couple of pictures I have been looking at. Just need some help deciding. I am keeping the 97 bumper either way so I can still use the bumper lens, unless I get a full bumper cover.

http://www.s10forum.com/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album2011&id=aay

http://www.s10forum.com/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album2011&id=aaz

·
ridin 4x4 style!!!
61 Posts
trailblazer front end :D . ive seen that and it looks sweet.

·
sold the dime :(
4,586 Posts
go with chevy. i like them. i want the shave my emblem one day.. not sure how yet. but i think it would be awsome. maybe cut it out and glass it..

·
Registered
11 Posts
how much does one of these front end swaps cost? Approximately? I was looking more into the trailblazer front end but I was also thinking about the 98+ swap.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a local auto body parts shop I am getting most of the parts minus the lights. I am looking around $250 for my entire setup. They will come from the internet so I get what I want. I like the s10 because of the headlight options, but I like the sonoma because of the smoothness. How about a fun pole just for shits and giggles.

The pole will end on Aug 1st, I will keep track and this may help my decision.

Vote for S10 with shaved bowtie and GMC inserted and angle eye headlights
or
Sonoma with cleared headlights

·
Akatsuki Attack Squirrel
2,539 Posts
I'd think if you're goin for the easier bolt-on stuff, then you would just do the cleared sonoma headlight set up, but that's just my opinion :)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kinison said:
hey not to hijack but what are u running for u air setup?? cuz i dont wanna cut up my truck either but i still wanna throw sparks haha (airbar??)

I don't have bags yet, but I will next year. I am looking at the AirBar and to throw sparks, I will bolt some plates with something on them for a good effect. I don't want to drag the frame on an everyday driver.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts