S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I'm a newbie when it comes to S10, this is my 1st. It's only a 1994 chevy s10 pickup 2.2 liter engine. But I want to get the most out of it. I'm getting ready to put these 4 items below on it. If you have ever tried these can you give me your feedback please? ONLY if you've tried them.

1. Accel U-Groove Spark Plug, header plug. 60 gap

2. Accel 300+ Thundersport Spark Plug Wire Set.

3. Accel Super DIS Coil

4. 94-97 CHEVY S10 S-10 PICKUP HOMBRE SONOMA COLD AIR INTAKE KIT Red Blue 3'

·
time to get cereal
2,277 Posts
You're better off just getting ACdelco plugs/wires, only replacing the coils if they are malfunctioning, and just putting a new air filter in the stock intake.

Will save you money and future headaches.

·
Been there Done it
7,041 Posts
manbearpig knows his S10's

Many folks have tried alternatives only to find out S-10's run best with original equipment plugs and wires.
Coils seldom need replacing.
Cold Air Intakes for the most part are a waste of your hard earned money. In fact dyno tests have shown, unless it's a pretty expensive high end one, they do more harm than good. The stock air system is capable of providing more than enough air for your engine and it is designed to use air from behind the grill. Not hot air from under the hood.
It may not look as Cool, but why fix it if it isn't broken.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I appreciate it. I was just getting as much info I could from all here. I figured someone on here has done it and could fill me in. But thank you both

·
time to get cereal
2,277 Posts
Personally, I have a K&N intake and Davis Unified Ignition coils and wires, AC Delco plugs.
The difference they do make is mostly from 3500RPM and higher, and I don't normally push it that hard.
My truck is modified to the point where the stock intake wouldn't fit anymore anyway.

I don't think you'd be impressed with the difference it makes for the money though. Especially the cheap air intake. Most likely it will keep coming loose on you and fall apart. Even the K&N kit has its issues, and I plan on replacing it once I put my Cavalier intake manifold on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks buddy. I saw the Davis Unified Ignition coils and wires on summit. So that would be ok to install don't you think? What ac delco plugs are you using? And you think the accel plugs with the Davis products would be good? Thanks

·
time to get cereal
2,277 Posts
I wouldn't use any other plugs than ACDelco. I'm using the stock plugs gapped to .065"

If you've got money to burn, buy the coils and wires, otherwise I wouldn't consider it worthwhile.

You're better off going with a 4.10 rear end if you don't already have one if you want extra oomph.

·
time to get cereal
2,277 Posts
You may already have one... is it standard or auto, reg cab, ex cab, long bed?

·
time to get cereal
2,277 Posts
You probably have a 4.10 ratio already then. To make sure GT5 should be one of the codes in your glove box. If it's GT4 then it's a 3.73, and that's the only two ratios available for the 2.2L

1 - 14 of 14 Posts