S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what up, alright my truck is fully baged,w/t 20's,ive done everything my self so far,but i work 2 jobs now and dont have time to get everything moved under hood and notch out everything so that i can lay out in front
first off i live in danville va. not very many shops round here no what airbags are so i found a place out of town called "Concepts Autoworks" have any of yall herd of them,and what do yall think is a good price, on doing everything for me,thats including fabing a heater box ,notching frame,c/a....,uall no what needs to be done.i just dont want to get screwed,or half ass work

·
un banned
9,196 Posts
the going rate around here is between $1200 and $1500 depending on who does it and if you want it done right or not. people charging upwards of $2000 isnt unheard of either.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Damn, there is a guy one here that just did it in 22 hours. I mean thats 22 hours straight with just him and a friend. I can't say I would blame you for wanting someone else to do it, but if your capable, just put it off untill you have a solid week to do it. You will know its done right, and you will have more pride in your ride, and thats what its all about.

·
no more S10
17,421 Posts
Yeah, I've heard of Concept Autoworks, been by there too. They're in Grahm/Burlington, NC. They're alright. I've heard both good and bad things about them and their work. One of my friends says they do great work and to trust them. Another had work done by them that took too long and broke after a short time. I hate to be making it harder for you to decide but I have heard both very good and very bad things about them. I would say make a trip down there one day and check out some of the truck they're working on and see if you think you trust their work.

On a side note, I'm going to be up in Yanceyville, NC this weekend visiting family, you gonna be busy this weekend? Maybe we could meet up. I'd love to see your truck in person.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NCarolinaS10 said:
Yeah, I've heard of Concept Autoworks, been by there too. They're in Grahm/Burlington, NC. They're alright. I've heard both good and bad things about them and their work. One of my friends says they do great work and to trust them. Another had work done by them that took too long and broke after a short time. I hate to be making it harder for you to decide but I have heard both very good and very bad things about them. I would say make a trip down there one day and check out some of the truck they're working on and see if you think you trust their work.

On a side note, I'm going to be up in Yanceyville, NC this weekend visiting family, you gonna be busy this weekend? Maybe we could meet up. I'd love to see your truck in person.
434-709-0854 give me call

·
no more S10
17,421 Posts
hate to be negative, but I figured I'd show you this:

LaynBodyS-10 said:
well mikey paid concept autoworks to lay the truck out and 4 link it...well for one thing the truck was like 3" from layn out.. i knocked off the back brackets with a hammer and didnt take much more than that to get the front ones off. as soon as he got the truck back from them the driver side front bracket broke on him going down the road. the back wasnt no where near layn out cause the drive shaft was sittn on a crossmember. what welding they did on the truck lookd like they used a 110 stick welder and i to reweld 3 of the link tabs because they where broke loose. i'll take some pictures of the brackets i took off of it when i go to the shop today
the whole story...
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=204726

·
Super Moderator
51,327 Posts
yea i wouldn't go there, thats my best friends ranger....nothin really was right like he wanted it the whole time tthe truck was there.....along with the bed job, he also line-x'd the sheetmetal bed work (while was nothing more than a tack like every 8 inches to hold it in place)he did while he had the truck, but didn't use seam sealer, so water came up under the bed and got under the liner, and it started peeling, almost 6 months the truck was up there....and after it got back...devin fixed it in about a week...and then mikey got some rattle can spray in liner to cover up the bare metal, from where we peeled up ALLLL of the old line-x...so basically billy did NOTHING right to that truck the time he had it....

oh if i wasn't clear enough....DON'T GO THERE.....i wouldn't send my worst enemy to get work done by him....not after what i saw...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks yall, i kinda got that feeling when i was up there,last weekend,they seemed like they could do go work if they wanted.one guy that, i guess worked there had a real nice s10

1 - 11 of 11 Posts