S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight while me and my girl were heading to the movies, I hit a dip in the road. Right after I hit it, it sounded like something was dragging under my truck. Then I noticed my ABS light came on. I just ignored it, but the rest of the night, every time i would come to a stop, my front passenger side tire/brake would make a squeeling type of noise, also when i turn left, it makes some kind of noise too. Does anyone have any clue what the hell is going on with my truck?....could it be from a bent rim?....and info would be greatly appreciated....

·
Xtreme Dreams..
1,939 Posts
check your ABS sensor, you may have knocked the rivets off.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea...my friend said somethin about that, but I can tell a difference in the braking, and there is alot of noise every time i stop/turn...

·
Xtreme Dreams..
1,939 Posts
The noise you are hearing my be the dust shield that is what your ABS sensor is mounted on is bent and rubbing.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, not to sound like a dumbass, but where exactly would I look to check?....thanks tho..

·
Xtreme Dreams..
1,939 Posts
Pull your wheel off, and have a look it is right behind your wheel. and the rotor. see if it not rubbing the back of your rotor

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright, ill check tomorrow morning since its 3 in the morning, but thanks alot..

·
Blown ex ***
5,710 Posts
if you can tell a difference in braking, its not the shield or sensor.
that ould make noise, but not change braking.
it could be a few things. but it sounds like one of the pads came apart.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts