1,088 Posts

·
Flippin a Blazer hurts
74 Posts

·
Flippin a Blazer hurts
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright you whores, how about helping me figure out what kinda box I want for my new subs. They are These puppies :D I got two 12" subs.

I'm really wanting a box where the subs are inside with the magnets facing upward (if that doesn't hurt my SPL) with a mirrored inside and a couple neon tubes shining inside. I want part of the box to be REALLY thick plexi OR lexan so you can see the subs and the neon glow but NOT be-able to break it (at least easily) to steal them. If possible I kinda liked how my old box was built just a little raised because it allowed me to hide my 2 x-overs for the Bostons, my power dist. block, and my 1 farad cap.

The reason I want the subs INSIDE the box is so they are more/if not damn near impossible to steal. (unlike my previous box which let the fockers just yank my subs in a heartbeat).

Try and keep the box BELOW the rear windows too. I'd also like to TRY (if not possible its OK) NOT use the entire ex cab of my Noma.

So I'll have the following to put in my ex cab:

the 2 subs listed above
1 MTX Thunder 8100 D for the subs
1 DEI 2102b Amp for the Bostons
2 x-overs for the Bostons
1 power dist. block
1 1Farad cap

Don't worry about the jack b/c it's already been removed.

I've always kinda liked the idea of the neon shining and reflecting off the mirror or whatever highlighting subs in a box... so whatcha think? The plexi/lexan window wouldn't be the whole or even close to being the entire box. Just a good-sized window to admire those subs.

More opinions and info

X

·
0 Posts
jl audio atealh box look alike

here is a jl audio stealth box look alike it can house 2 12 in subs and punds and u can still use 2 of the jump seats!!!!!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts