S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
94 s10 in progress
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to turbo my 2.2 the motor is a 96. running of a 94 computer, the knock,cam sensors are not used on the 94 (no code like the wire was cut, had the motor out twice so i would have seen a wire that has been cut) the upper intake is also 94 (for the egr)

i have priced the following

2.2 S10 turbo manifold t3/t4 with 35/38mm wastegate hole for 150 on ebay
t3/t4 turbo for around 200
.60 a/r 60 trim .48 compressor
8.3 psi
2"in 3"out
the flanges are cheap
i can use regular exhaust pipe for the turbo outlet right?
i need a intercooler, air pipings, connectors and shit
boost gague

do i need a FMU for 8.3 psi (ill say 10psi max for wastegate errors)

the manifold i found has the t3/t4 flange mounted on it (claims to keep a/c and i dont have it anyways)

i know i need to wrap everything for heat

what else am i missing

i figure this would cost $750-$1000 total (provided i dont blow the motor or something)

·
94 s10 in progress
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is not having a knock sensor going to cause any harm in terms of spark knock?

this project is a way from being started but im just planning now

·
tu-tu guru
8,893 Posts
youll need oil lines, and oil kit for the turbo...you WILL need an FMU...and if you dont have flexfuel, id get a 90psi in-line booster pump on there too...you better hope the manifold doesnt hit the steering shaft and/or brake booster, cause most manifolds off ebay are cavalier ones and they wont fit

·
94 s10 in progress
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
94 s10 in progress
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think it is facing the wrong way, shouldnt the turbo flange be on the front side of the truck, and why would they sell a manifold that keeps a/c but would hit the brake booster and steering shaft

·
boosted 2.2L
2,324 Posts
i think it is facing the wrong way, shouldnt the turbo flange be on the front side of the truck, and why would they sell a manifold that keeps a/c but would hit the brake booster and steering shaft
ebay money makers... they know it will fit the engine but fail to see if it will fit the truck before they throw it up and say it will

·
94 s10 in progress
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i may be scrapping the project anyways, this motor may be going,

got low pressure and a slight klang, once it gets fully warm the oil pressure will go barely down to the "check gagues" and will hang between 20 and 40 at driving speeds, just changed to high mileage 5w 30 (whatever the cover says) 4.5 qts new filter too,

i think the truck is just bad luck, the stock motor went before i bought it. replaced it with a 94/2000 hybrid and that didnt work due to cams. then got the 96 motor and here we are

1 - 9 of 9 Posts