S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright. I am wanting to do something different with the back of my '85 so I'm gonna throw on the grant kustoms full skin I bought for it, I am looking for some opinions for tails... I have fillers for it, but should I leave the stockers, or do something like LED strips? I'm just worried I'm gonna screw up the old school look of the truck if I do LEDs... Open to all opinions guys! Fire away!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
for an old school look I'd just get a clean set of the blazer taillights with the little bit of chrome trim on them.

maybe look at some 60's-70's trucks for tail lights

The more I look at old taillights like that, the more I lean towards custom like leds or something, the blazer lights with the trim I have on my '88 lol don't wanna do 2 the same! And thanks "stoboi" your comment was lots of help... Haha

·
Registered
179 Posts
I put blazer tails on with the chrome trim and I love the look....a lot of people did the caddy thing. The led strips look good. Somthing about the first gen. tails that I really like. Whatever you decide, post pics when your done!! :D

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
o ya, this is the truck they are goin on btw

·
Heavy Metal Body Man
5,363 Posts
i didnt know 20 inch irocs were "old school"

personally i think the truck looks killer as is, id skin the gate and call it a day

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What would you rather see it with? Some 16" boyyd cottingtons for that oldschool look?! Haha the bug catcher stickin through the hood is "oldschool", the paint is "oldschool" and the interior I'm working on will be too.. The 20s take a jump to newschool.. Just don't wanna kill the look with some leds that look like they should be on a second gen is all

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
Do a light smoke tint then put blue dots in em! I think they need the chrome trim to tie in the chrome on the front and wheels if you stick with em. If you want old school, go with some gray center Torq Thrusts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts