S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gotten there truck chipped by ASE? I am sending my computer in on Friday and am going to have them chip it, I just wanted to know what people thought. If you liked it an that stuff.:idea:

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
ASE??? Does it remove the limiter, cause if so I'd be interested.....I want a chip or anything that removes the limiter....Hypertech is coming out with the power programmer for 2.2's and I'm definitely buying that if I can't find anything else.....$450, but it lets you answer dummy quiestions about parameters and lets you remove the limiter.......WOO HOO!!!

Caleb

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SummerWolf said:
ASE??? Does it remove the limiter, cause if so I'd be interested.....I want a chip or anything that removes the limiter....Hypertech is coming out with the power programmer for 2.2's and I'm definitely buying that if I can't find anything else.....$450, but it lets you answer dummy quiestions about parameters and lets you remove the limiter.......WOO HOO!!!

Caleb
Speed limiter yes, Rev limiter increases by 500 rpm
but I think you can talk to them and actually request them to remove it

·
Rollin' Low in the 619!!!
409 Posts
If you check out their web site, read it carefully because it says the chip cannot be used with nitro or turbos, and only a select few mods to the motor. Also there is a part saying they have a chip that will only remove the governor instead of the other performance gains. just my 2cents.:idea: :thumbup:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Just so you guys know, there is no "chip" in any vehicle built after '95. Post-'95 vehicles have a sealed ECU as a result of OBD-II emissions controls. The ECU parameters are changed by either reprogramming the computer or by installing a module (i.e. JET) between the wiring harness and ECU. That's why you have to send in the entire computer to have a new program burned. They aren't putting a "chip" in it. They're reprogramming it.

And no, an off-the-shelf program is never recommended with nitrous or forced induction. The fuel and timing maps are too agressive for use with power adders. It would be fine for vehicles with basic bolt-ons, but once you start to get into more involved modifications (header, head, etc.) the fuel and timing tables are off base. Vehicles with serious mods need a program designed to work within the parameters of the new breathing abilities of the motor. If you have serious mods you'll have to have something custom burned.

-Chris

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chrisbequick said:
Just so you guys know, there is no "chip" in any vehicle built after '95. Post-'95 vehicles have a sealed ECU as a result of OBD-II emissions controls. The ECU parameters are changed by either reprogramming the computer or by installing a module (i.e. JET) between the wiring harness and ECU. That's why you have to send in the entire computer to have a new program burned. They aren't putting a "chip" in it. They're reprogramming it.

And no, an off-the-shelf program is never recommended with nitrous or forced induction. The fuel and timing maps are too agressive for use with power adders. It would be fine for vehicles with basic bolt-ons, but once you start to get into more involved modifications (header, head, etc.) the fuel and timing tables are off base. Vehicles with serious mods need a program designed to work within the parameters of the new breathing abilities of the motor. If you have serious mods you'll have to have something custom burned.

-Chris
If you call them they also add a parameter chip onto the ECU, they actually unseal the ECU and sodder on a chip. Call and ask. It really isn't that hard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts