S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aiight as it says in my sig. i have a 98 4.3L V6 with the K&N gen II w/ the flowmaster 2.25" 2 chamber mufflers. I was wondering about the 3.42 gears or what ever...the point is i cant get a TB spacer till i get 600 bucks for a new hood, and i cant afford a supercharger or NOS yet..so what are my other alternatives for more acelleration??:confused: and what exactly do i need to get rid of my speedlimiter?? thanks! -Corey

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how much for that e-fan (manufacturer)? and how about a price quote on those 3.73 gears w/ an idea of install? THanks!:drinkhaha

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
E-Fan, E-fan, E-fan, for performance gains, bah humbug. Today I decided that for Christmas one of my presents would be and e-fan, so I went ahead and took( Broke) off the stock clutch fan juat to see what it did. I was always against the fan becuse the stock clutch fan kicks out at roughly 1800 so in my mind it wouldnt do that much. Well the stock fan didnt want to come off, tried and tried, then all of a sudden it was off. Broke the thing off the water pump, but the water pump is allright. So I drove it around, gains? HAH barely any if anything at all. Well now I have a e-fan, had too, no fan left, worth it, NO. Now the gears total should run around $500 including the install, and that I will back for seat of the pants feel and improvement in the 1/4.

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
ive got e fans ive been trying to sell for months! 25 ea plus shipping

·
538 Posts
mitsubishi, 12" with a little built in shroud

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
ONEBDGMC said:
mitsubishi, 12" with a little built in shroud
would you reccomend using this on a 98 4.3? it has a Hypertech Power Stat and i live in a part of cali that reaches about 110 in the summer. let me know, thanks!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
If your going to buy a fan, dont make the mistake of going to small. The stock fan moves over 2500cfm, anything less will cause it not to cool properly and you being in a condition that warm, DONT. You can go a single #60 which moves 2800 CFM or run duals. The average 16 inch single moves around 1800cfm.And 2 14 inchers is what you need for duals.

·
2,186 Posts
thanks for the tips! ill probably run dual fans.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
On a dual setup there is one thing you may want to consider. Most of you guys run some mean stereos that require some amperage, on average a dual setup of the right size for you air flow uses 8-15 amps more than a single of the right size. Just something to consider.

·
538 Posts
thats why you run dual alternators!:idea:

·
2,186 Posts
ONEBDGMC said:
thats why you run dual alternators!:idea:
or a high out put aftermarket alternator and keep it simple.:idea: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
MightyMouseJ5 said:

or a high out put aftermarket alternator and keep it simple.:idea: :thumbup:
Just wanted to have the bases covered for those who may be thinking of it and not knowing that part. Oh, and dual alts on ours, it be nice but not to easy to do.

·
2,186 Posts
964pt3 said:

Just wanted to have the bases covered for those who may be thinking of it and not knowing that part. Oh, and dual alts on ours, it be nice but not to easy to do.
actually, dual high out put amps and dual optima yellow tops would be the sh!t for a killer sound system and all the accesories you would ever want to run!:thumbup: :evilg: :thumbup: :evilg: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Killer wouldnt be the word for it, if ya ever lost power in your house just hook it up to your truck. Thats what they use for portable welding units, nice, lottsa power. If you got a stereo to use that much, hell I wouldnt need one I cound hear you from here.:thumbup: :D

·
2,186 Posts
964pt3 said:
Killer wouldnt be the word for it, if ya ever lost power in your house just hook it up to your truck. Thats what they use for portable welding units, nice, lottsa power. If you got a stereo to use that much, hell I wouldnt need one I cound hear you from here.:thumbup: :D
i might also be mistook for the apocolyptic earthquake that turns the world inside out!:thumbup:

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Maybe off topic but oh well I've got headers:D come in the mail today just thought i should share that lol

·
2,186 Posts
Fast98SS350 said:
Maybe off topic but oh well I've got headers:D come in the mail today just thought i should share that lol
post it up in a new V6 Power thread when you get them in to tell us which ones, how much power and all the other juicey details!:evilg: :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.