S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if someone knew a place or maybe have a rear end with 3.73 or 4.10 gears that would fit a 83 s-10 blazer. Looking to buy a bolt in deal don't have a shop or equipment to shorten a rear or install gears. If someone has a like new custom rear to sell that would be fine or a name of a shop or two that has dealt with this type of setup would be fine also. Appreciate it thank you for your time

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to add I believe 3.73 came stock with some s-10 trucks would anyone know which year/engine to look for if this is the case? Again if someone has one for sale or know's a shop that sell complete 9" rears designed for the older s series that would be great. Thanks again

·
Registered
32 Posts
I read this in Super Chevy

Super Chevy is doing a build up of a third gen camaro on the cheap, and they pulled a set of gears for the 7.5" 10 bolt rear out of a mid '80s S-series with the anemic 2.8 and auto transmission. They picked them up for like 40 bucks. Also look for limited slips out of camaros, they can be had very cheap as well. I have also wondered my self if you could take the rear disc brakes off of Z28 third gen camaros and put them on S-10s, they have pretty much the same rear end.

Hope I helped.

Nat

·
Registered
32 Posts
The gears...

The gears they pulled out were 3:73s. Sorry. Any way, they must be fairly strong stock, because they have that camaro running low 15's/high 14's right now on that set of gears with a 7.5" rear.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that is what I neede to know thanks. Wasn't sure about the 3.73 in s series rear axles, now I know thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts