S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I doubt everything.
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok fellas I just got a raise at work so looks like I might be able to start affording some mods again. I want to add power so if you could please post the web site addresss where I can find the following:

TBb Spacer

K&N Intake

Volant Intake

STS stuff (pullies/turbo updates)

Electric fan

Jet stage 2 chip

Anyone that has a bigger sway bar for the rear. (for AutoX duties)

Also I have read that some of you guys have pout 1.6 roller rockers on the truck? How does that work> I thought we had a SOHC engine without rockers? Do these help a tremendous amount or should I wait and install them when I get the heads ported and pollished? I am not scare to work on the truck infact I kinda enjoy learning new things about how it works.

Have I missed anything? is there anything else I can do that would increase the perfomance of this little engine. Also relaibility and milage upgrade would be nice, but I am really out for power.

One last thing which is a better consideration for alla round more power the K&n Intake or the Volant???

Thanks

Mike D

·
Paint Needing Mofo
639 Posts
hope this helps!

One question... Have you replaced the O.E. exhaust?
I've got the K&N intake and though i haven't tried the Volant, i'd recommend the K&N to anyone! I love it! It sounds great with my Gibson catback! I'm gonna skip on the pullies, and Jet chip/thermo(can't afford 92octane.) I'll most likely get the flex-a-lite fan when my warranty runs out. I may pick up the TB spacer too. Now that i've given my truck some go, i'd like to give it some more show. stay tuned... :D

as far as websites go...

www.truckperformance.com got my goodies from them, very pleased with the service i got.
www.godfathercustoms.com tons of good stuff...
www.sportruckspecialties.com they've got the special 2.2 section with everything!

I know truckperformance has anti-sway bars... but i believe [email protected] was having a sale on Hotchkiss parts.

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,403 Posts
2kwik4u said:
Ok fellas I just got a raise at work so looks like I might be able to start affording some mods again. I want to add power so if you could please post the web site addresss where I can find the following:

TBb Spacer

K&N Intake

Volant Intake

STS stuff (pullies/turbo updates)

Electric fan

Jet stage 2 chip

Anyone that has a bigger sway bar for the rear. (for AutoX duties)

Also I have read that some of you guys have pout 1.6 roller rockers on the truck? How does that work> I thought we had a SOHC engine without rockers? Do these help a tremendous amount or should I wait and install them when I get the heads ported and pollished? I am not scare to work on the truck infact I kinda enjoy learning new things about how it works.

Have I missed anything? is there anything else I can do that would increase the perfomance of this little engine. Also relaibility and milage upgrade would be nice, but I am really out for power.

One last thing which is a better consideration for alla round more power the K&n Intake or the Volant???

Thanks

Mike D
check the links page, most of what you want is on there.......

·
I doubt everything.
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet

Thanx for the quick info fellas

Yes I have a new muffler but stock piping, so that will be in order as well. Prolly Flowmaster 50 series single in double out! with exits right in front of the rear wheels. But those of us who choose to save, live ot mod another day!!!! so its gonna be a hwile then look for me to have just about everything done at once.

Mike D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts