S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed an order from IKESOUND.COM and they e-mailed me asking me to fax them a copy of my drivers license, and the front and back of the credit card used to process the order. This does not seem right. What about those of you that have ordered from them, is this what you had to do?

Thanks.

·
What next??
1,460 Posts
LoweredXtreme said:
I placed an order from IKESOUND.COM and they e-mailed me asking me to fax them a copy of my drivers license, and the front and back of the credit card used to process the order. This does not seem right. What about those of you that have ordered from them, is this what you had to do?

Thanks.
We do that credit card thing here where i work, we do it as a way to make sure that the credit card actually belongs to the person placing the order..sometimes the address may have been entered wrong or something, its just to help cover their ass..

·
Ford Lightning Owner
5,875 Posts
Re: Re: Need Info. Quick!!!

Inferno Sonoma said:
We do that credit card thing here where i work, we do it as a way to make sure that the credit card actually belongs to the person placing the order..sometimes the address may have been entered wrong or something, its just to help cover their ass..
:werd: :werd: :werd: :werd:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is what I figured, but then all these thoughts of fraud and stuff came to mind, especially with it being the holidays. I mean with the front and back of my credit card and DL as well, damn they could easily remake that card. I have never encountered that with a company before, so it sounded kind of weird.

Het Inferno, do guys just keep it on file, or what do they do with it?

·
What next??
1,460 Posts
Honestly, we mostly do it for International orders, but yes we keep it on file. We get a copy of front and back, then call the credit card company to verify that the address they gave us is correct...we started doing it because i guess someone hacked a bunch of credit card #s, and started ordering stuff, we sent them what they order but a few months later the chargeback came and we got screwed out of that money..ever since we've required front and back of card it hasn't happened..we've actually caught a couple people with the stolen #s

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And you dont get skpetical people wandering why you want their info? I mean I did not mind faxing them over my stuff, but if it gets in the wrong hand, I am sitting here screwed.

·
What next??
1,460 Posts
Well if you think about it, they really can't do anything with a copy, all it is is proof to them that you actually have the credit card in your hands..they already have your address, credit card number, exp date..with that you can order just about anything you want on the internet...i would never send a copy of a license to someone though..but yes some people are skeptical, but then we just explain it to them and there is usually no problems with them sending it to us..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts