S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Been there Done it
15,777 Posts
Are you sure that mirror is out of an S-series? I'm only seeing 3 and 5 wire connectors on 2nd gens. None with those colors. Is the 4th wire lt blu or green.

·
Been there Done it
15,777 Posts
I looked at every courtesy lighting diagram from 95 to 2001 and didn't see any 4 wire mirrors. 3 for the standard lighted mirror and 5 for the electro-chromatic ones. They're wired to the backup lights so that when you are in reverse the auto dimming is turned off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I believe it is a2000
S
Hard to find without knowing the year, model, etc.
I'm sure it is a Sonoma
Are you sure that mirror is out of an S-series? I'm only seeing 3 and 5 wire connectors on 2nd gens. None with those colors. Is the 4th wire lt blu or green.
There's a blue One and a light blue one and a yellow one and a brown

·
Been there Done it
15,777 Posts
I looked at the 2000 Sonoma courtesy lights diagram. 3 wires for regular mirror and it's actually 7 wires for automatic day/night mirror. Orange black and white for base mirror. Light green, brown, pink, gray, orange, white and black for the automatic mirror.
What is the mirror out of?

·
Been there Done it
15,777 Posts
Well shut my mouth! I looked on 2 different brands of wiring diagrams and they both showed 3 or 7. Guess I should know by now not to believe everything I read. Do like the fact the replacement connector has every wire the same color. That should make hooking it up fun.
Rectangle Electronics accessory Metal Composite material Electric blue

1 - 14 of 14 Posts