S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was reading an old form about the speed limiter hack. And i had a hard time trying to figure out how to do this. My truck is a 2002 s10 xtreme. I'm not wanting a tune I'm really only after ditching the speed limiter. If I'm not mistaken you cut the green or purple wire from the speedo sensor on back of trans run to toggle. Anyone shine some insight or better ideas.

·
Been there Done it
8,383 Posts
How do you know it has a speed limiter? Have you driven it fast enough to find out?
I'm sure disconnecting the VSS will disable that function, but how will you know how fast you are going w/o a speedometer? A tune is the only way to do it w/o loosing ABS and speedo.
Sounds like you are attempting suicide, just hope I'm not on the same road when you succeed.

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
986 Posts
don't know about a speed limiter- got my 01 blazer over a buck and no issues- just handled like a cardboard box in a hurricane....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I'm a grown man trying to do grown man things. The truck is well built with all the right stuff in place. All bilstine suspension on a z rated tire. Not rolling on your junk stock suspension with winter tires. The truck is modified with a cage. I'm just looking for ideas on how to delete it with out having a custom tune nobody in my area does it. All gm truck shut down at 98 mph so people say there truck go over a 100mph they no nothing. Just like them telling me my old 2.8 multi port would smoke a built Camaro with a 5.7 on spray. Only looking for good info not to pick anyone or anything apart. Thanks for all input

·
time to get cereal
3,036 Posts
Yea, wasn't quite old enough to go to a concert in 95 but wish I could've lol.

Love that album... sadly I don't own it anymore.

This fits this thread too, lol.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.