S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where is the best place to get sport mirrors(heated) not heated conversion kit? Also what do i need and how long will it take to take off my door pannels and the dash pannel around the guage cluster? Please help, i have a 2000 xtreme LS

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
You can either get Street Scene or M3 mirrors. Check them out www.stylinconcepts.com or www.godfathercustoms.com just to name a couple. They should have a list of mirrors that will fit your truck. I think the Street Scene mirrors conversion kit from manual to electric are better, just my .02.

To get the door panel off isn't that hard. Just need to remove the window crank, if its manual windows. Take out the screw behind the door handle and remove the plate. Use a door trim tool to "pop" the plastic tabs out of the door. Be careful not to scratch the paint behind it. once the bottom section is loose, pull up to free the door trim from the window area. Installation is just the revesal.

The dash bezel - remove the screws to the lower panel under the steering column. Or enough screws to push it down slightly. There are 2 screws that hold the bezel to the dash, you just need enough room to get a screw driver in there. Remove the one screw thats on the top of the bezel, straight above the clear plastic. If an auto, place the truck in 1st gear to get the shift lever out of the way. Tilt you steering wheel down and pull the bezel towards you. Watch out for the hazard switch that the bezel doesn't catch it, because they break easy and are expensive to replace. It's just clips holding the bezel to the dash. Once the clips release, pull it away enough to gain access to the Airbag shutoff switch and headlight switch and disconect them. Don't worry the airbag wont go off.

It shouldn't take but maybe 10 minutes each to get them off.

·
Registered
96 Posts
ooops you missed 2 screws in the armrest of the door panel found by looking up at the armrest from the bottem at an angle sort of i think they are 7 or 10 MM hex heads that have to be pulled otherwise the door will not come apart.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
27,701 Posts

·
Medium-size Truckin
4,783 Posts
hey how do get the window crank dealio's off? i am scared they are going to break... i didnt even take my door panel off....i just unscrewed behind the handle, and just had a buddy kinda bend the top of the door down....i dont know if that makes any sense by readin it.....but just so u know you dont have to take your door panel al the way off to get them in
and damn i wish i would have known their was a power window conversion kit....that would have been nice, oh well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts